Western Sydney University Art Collection
Western Sydney University's art collection of approximately 1,000 objects was formed from the holdings of its former network members, Hawkesbury, Macarthur and Nepean.
It comprises of a diverse range of paintings, works on paper, photographs, mixed media sculptures and ceramics. Primarily Australian artists from the 20th Century have been acquired particularly from the 1970's onward.
Past and present staff and students are also represented within the collection, as well as local artists from the Hawkesbury, Macarthur and Nepean regions of Greater Western Sydney.
Fred Williams Running Creek, Rousley
1976, Oil on canvas
© L. Williams
Strengths of the collection include:
- 20th Century Australian indigenous artists
- 20th Century Australian printmedia artists and painters
- Regional artists from Hawkesbury, Macarthur and Nepean regions
- Staff members of the University (practising artists usually employed in the fine arts program)
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate students from the University's fine arts programs
- International artists who participated in artist residency programs at the University.