- Higher Degree Research Candidates
- Master of Research
- HDR Supervisors
- Contact Us
Dual Awards and Joint Awards
Dual Award and Joint Award programs enable research candidates to undertake a degree at Western Sydney University and an international partner institution and receive recognition on their degree testamur(s).
Dual Award and Joint Award programs present an opportunity to establish and enhance collaborations with international research institutions and researchers. They can provide research candidates with access to the latest research equipment, advanced facilities and specialised expertise, as well as create opportunities for joint publications, provide access to new funding and enhance the University’s international research profile.
In a Dual Award program, the research candidate receives two degrees, one from Western Sydney University and one from the partner institution. The testamurs recognise that the degree was obtained under a Dual Award agreement.
In a Joint Award program, the research candidate receives a single degree that includes the details of Western Sydney University and the partner institution.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University
- Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute
- Kerala Agricultural University
- Linköping University
- Maastricht University
- Montpellier University
- Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Kashmir
- Taipei Medical University
- University of Agricultural Sciences,
- University of Alcalá
- University of Amsterdam
- University of Birmingham
- University of Ferrara
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Padua
How to Establish a Dual Award or Joint Award
Schools and Institutes are responsible for the establishment of formal Dual Award and Joint Award agreements with partner institutions.
The following document provides a detailed breakdown of the process:
- Process to Establish Dual and Joint Awards (PDF, 127.6 KB)(opens in a new window)
The following document provides a detailed breakdown of the structural differences between a Dual Award and a Joint Award:
- Dual Awards and Joint Awards - Structural Differences (PDF, 363.01 KB)(opens in a new window)
For advice and assistance with establishing a Dual Award and Joint Higher Degree Institutional Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), contact the International Partnerships team.
For advice and assistance with establishing an Individual Candidature Agreement, contact the School Manager, GRS.
Dual Award and Joint Award Templates
You will require the following templates to establish a Dual Award or Joint Award:
- Business Case for Dual and Joint Award Agreements Template (DOCX, 679.17 KB)(opens in a new window)
- Individual Candidature Agreement Template (DOCX, 325.31 KB)(opens in a new window)
- Dual Award and Joint Higher Degree Institutional Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Template (available on request from the International Partnerships team)
Dual Award and Joint Higher Degrees Policy
You should refer to the Dual Award and Joint Higher Degrees Policy(opens in a new window) for detailed information about the requirements and procedures.
You may also be interested in the TEQSA guidance(opens in a new window) in relation to Dual Awards and Joint Awards.