The Graduate Research School hosted two exciting events during Research Week 2017 highlighting some of the amazing research happening at Western Sydney University.
The HDR Showcase brought together researchers from across Western Sydney University, promoting interdisciplinary networking and knowledge translation. All HDR candidates (including doctorates, Master of Philosophy, Master of Research and Honours) were invited to present their research with a poster, image or video.
- $500 Award for Best Poster - Michelle Mak (School of Science and Health)
- $500 Award for Best Image - Alix Beattie (School of Humanities and Communication Arts)
- $500 Award for Best Video - Emily Rytmeister (School of Humanities and Communication Arts)
- $500 People's Choice Award for Best Overall - Hazel Keedle (School of Nursing and Midwifery)
- $500 Capital Markets CRC(opens in a new window) Award for Best Commercialisation Idea - Elham Shabanivaraki (MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development)
GRS Shield Competition
The GRS Shield Challenge builds on the Three Minute Thesis (3MT) concept. The challenge is between Western Sydney academics and current PhD candidates to deliver the winning panel of three minute thesis talks.
The PhD Team was comprised of Julie Beadle (MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development), Jonathan Finch (Hawkesbury Institute for the Environment) and Renuka Shanmugalingam, going up against our Academic Team of Dr Kate McBride (School of Medicine), Dr Tinashe Dune (School of Science and Health) and Dr Jack Tsonis (Graduate Research School).
Once again, the PhD Team won the GRS Shield! Congratulations to everyone who was involved in making this a successful event.