Your Content - Terms and Conditions
Sending us your content (includes commenting on website)
The University of Western Sydney (referred to as "UWS" below) invite people to provide UWS with various types of content for use within the various UWS websites and hard copy publications. You may have great comments to send us or still photographs or video footage of newsworthy and noteworthy people and events (referred to in these terms and conditions as your content). We can only accept your content though if you accept with the terms and conditions set out below.
Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Your Content
- By submitting content to UWS, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at the sole discretion of UWS.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to submit your content to UWS.
- UWS will determine, at its absolute discretion, whether to publish (or remove from a site) part or all of your content.
- Content that:
(a) contravenes UWS rules, policies, procedures and guidelines;
(b) is unlawful or breaches any legislation, including copyright, piracy or intellectual property legislation;
(c) risks diminishing the brand value and reputation of the University (refer to the Brand and Visual Identity Management Policy);
(d) discloses personal information about staff, students or other persons;
(e) may threaten, bully, discriminate, harass, vilify or victimise any person; or
(f) may be defamatory;
will not be acceptable.
- By submitting your content, you grant to UWS a license throughout the world, in perpetuity, without restriction and without making payment to you, to publish your content in hard copy publications or in electronic media, use your content in advertising and promotional material for UWS and permitting others to do any of these, including when UWS and others receive payment for this.
- You waive all moral rights in your content and consent to anything which UWS (or any person permitted to do so by UWS) may do in relation to your content which would otherwise be in breach of your moral rights. This includes that UWS may use your content without attributing you as the source of your content.
- UWS may edit or censor your content in its absolute discretion.
- You warrant that:
- you solely own your content and all intellectual property rights in relation to your content;
- you obtained your content in a manner which does not breach any laws or the rights of any person;
- your content is accurate and reflects actual people and events and you did not digitally alter images or footage in any way to create your content or impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- your content, your provision of your content to UWS and the use by UWS of your content, in each case as contemplated in these terms and conditions, does not breach any law (including laws relating to privacy, intellectual property and defamation) or the rights of any person;
- your content, at the time you send it to UWS, contains no virus or other code or material embedded in it which will have a negative impact on UWS' services or infrastructure;
- your content is not being provided for a commercial purpose (including that you are not soliciting funds or promoting particular goods or services); and
- you did not forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or SMS.
- UWS will be under no liability to you in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of your supply of your content to UWS, or the subsequent use of your content within goods or services supplied by UWS.
- On providing your content to UWS for publication in any media, you indemnify UWS and its officers, employees and agents against any damage or loss made against or suffered by any of those indemnified arising, in whole or in part, as a result of:
- the publication by UWS or a person permitted by UWS of your content; or
- a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the state of New South Wales. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction there.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions has any impact on the terms and conditions of use which apply to the relevant UWS sites or other services.