We are an innovative and dedicated team committed to the support and enhancement of our customers by helping in the selection and use of Assistive Technology (AT) to increase the flexibility to study and work their way.
Our Commitment to Our Clients
The Assistive Technology Specialists will provide all students and staff at Western with access to:
- selected Assistive Technologies that support good study/work habits.
- online support materials and resources for University supported Assistive Technologies.
- guidance in the use of Assistive Technologies through a 15-minute consultation.
- guidance in the use of Assistive Technologies and networking opportunities through the CommunATy initiatives.
- group training sessions available at key times of the year.
In addition, eligible clients* will have access to our individual support services in the form of:
- an initial 15-minute consultation.
- a one-hour individual support appointment.
The Assistive Technology Specialists will maintain:
- courteous and cooperative relationships with clients.
- confidentiality of client information.
In relation to AT specifically, the IT Service Desk and Campus Support teams will provide all students and staff at Western with access to:
- Installation and functional support for University supported Assistive Technologies through the MyIT portal.
We ask and expect that you;
- treat other clients and Assistive Technology support staff with courtesy and consideration.
- engage with the materials made available to you through the Assistive Technology Support (ATS) website and other communication channels.
- use your Assistive Technology regularly in order to embed new skills and increase confidence in using the technology.
- do not share your licensing information with other clients.
- abide by the University Code of Conduct.
*eligible clients are students referred through the Disability Service who have an Academic Integration Plan (AIP) in place.
Our Commitment to Western
The Assistive Technology Specialists will;
- strive to maintain a collegial working relationship with the Student Representative Council.
- provide strategic guidance relating to the application and use of Assistive Technologies at Western, to key University stakeholders.