Before I Go
Now that you have decided to participate in a Global Learning experience, you need to make sure that you have completed all of the important steps before participating in a program.
- To receive academic credit for your overseas experience, talk to your Academic Course Advisor about credit arrangements and how it fits best with your course structure. To apply for academic approval, complete the following steps.
- STUDY ABROAD: When researching an opportunity on the Go Global webpage, unless it states the program is 'Exchange', it will be a Study Abroad program. To apply for academic recognition, complete the credit approval for non-exchange.
- EXCHANGE - Students participating in an exchange opportunity require permission from the Western Sydney International Go Global team. To apply for academic recognition, complete the credit approval for exchange.
- Academic Recognition for International Work Experience - find out more.
When you submit an application to the overseas provider, you may require a formal record of all units and courses undertaken at Western - order your latest academic record/transcript here.
Working with Children
Some overseas programs may require you to have a Working with Children Check. Please visit Working with Children Check (opens in a new window) and fill in the online application form. You will be asked whether your child-related work is paid or unpaid.
Join the Global Society
- If you are participating in the Go Global Exchange Program, Western Sydney University has paid your membership fee for The Global Society – Australia's national society for students studying overseas. We believe this to be a fantastic opportunity to meet other students and get information from those in the same situation as yourself:
- Head to The Global Society (opens in a new window) and click the pink "Join Now" button.
- Fill in your basic details. Then, click the blue "Get Started on Your Application" button.
- Click the big red "Continue Your Application" button.
- Fill in the remainder of your details. Then, click the blue "Join The Global Society" button.
Conditions of Participation
The University of Western Sydney University is committed to demonstrating high standards of personal and professional conduct at all times. When participating in an overseas program, students must assume certain obligations to Western Sydney University (WS), the prospective country and towards other participants in a program. Find out more.
Learning Modules for Global Experience
Global learning is extremely important and vital for the development of Western Sydney University, Greater Western Sydney and Australia. To succeed in a complex, interconnected and competitive world, students require an intercultural understanding and global mindset. To prepare students participating in a Global Learning experience, Western Sydney University as developed a collection of learning modules about numerous topics. These modules are mandatory requirements when submitting an application via the Go Global Portal. To make the most of your experience, visit Learning Modules webpage (under construction).
Consultation with Western Staff
Feel free to contact the partner organisation and asks questions about your potential experience. If you would like to discuss an opportunity with a member of staff at Western Sydney University , please email firstname.lastname@example.org or book a Consultation via our dedicated bookings portal.