- Higher Degree Research Candidates
- Master of Research
- HDR Supervisors
- Contact Us
The Fulbright Program(opens in a new window) is the flagship foreign exchange scholarship program of the United States of America, aimed at increasing binational research collaboration, cultural understanding, and the exchange of ideas.
The Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarship funded by Western Sydney University is open to a diverse range of exceptional applicants who have recently completed their undergraduate studies and who are seeking an opportunity to undertake 8-10 months of study and research in an area of focus for the University.
We are seeking applicants in any of the following areas:
- Social Justice;
- Public Health; or
- Creative and Performing Arts
What does the scholarship provide?
The Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships provide:
- Monthly stipend for 8-10 months;
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution;
- Health coverage under Australian Medicare (for the scholar only);
- Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) provided by the U.S Government (for the scholar only);
- Establishment allowance (one-time payment);
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the US and Australia for social and professional networking; and
- Support through the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries.
Please note that scholarship benefits do not cover the cost of tuition fees.
How to apply
Contact the Graduate Research School for advice about Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships and potential research and study programs: email@example.com
Please use the email subject line: Fulbright Scholarships – Expression of Interest
You can contact the Fulbright Scholarships Team for general enquiries related to scholarship benefits and the application processes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fulbright award recipients
|Name||Year||Home institution||Host institution|
|Victor Lopez-Carmen||2017||Ithaca College||Western Sydney University|
|Victoria Austin||2019||Western Sydney University||Cornell University|
|Nikita Roy||2019||University of Connecticut||Western Sydney University|
|Hamid Sediqi||2020||Western Sydney University||Tufts University|
|Ariana Kam||2020||Boston University||Western Sydney University|
In this mini-documentary, Hamid Sediqi talks about his journey to being awarded a Fulbright Scholarship and what we can learn from his story.