- Research End-User Engagement
- Higher Degree Research Candidates
- Master of Research
- HDR Supervisors
- Contact Us
China Scholarship Council Research Scholarships
The China Scholarship Council Research Scholarship is a collaborative arrangement that provides support to candidates from the People’s Republic of China to undertake a PhD at Western Sydney University. We encourage applications from candidates in all areas of study across our Schools and Institutes.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen and permanent resident of the People’s Republic of China at the time of your application;
- satisfy the Australian Government requirements for a student visa(opens in a new window) for postgraduate research;
- have applied for admission and meet all admission entry requirements, including English proficiency;
- have received a conditional or unconditional offer for admission into a PhD program at Western Sydney University;
- have received a conditional offer for scholarship from Western Sydney University; and
- satisfy all other eligibility criteria as defined by the China Scholarship Council.(opens in a new window)
What does the scholarship provide?
The CSC Research Scholarship may provide funding to cover a living allowance, Overseas Student Health Cover, a return airfare to Australia, and your Australian Student Visa application fees.
You should check the CSC website(opens in a new window) to confirm the scholarship inclusions as these are subject to change.
Western Sydney University will provide a tuition fee waiver for successful applicants for a maximum period of up to 48 months.
How to apply
Step 1: Find a supervisor
Step 2: Submit an application for admission
You need to submit an online application for admission into a PhD program and ensure that you include all the required information and supporting documentation.
Step 3: Notify the Graduate Research School
After you have submitted your application for admission, you need to contact the Graduate Research School to notify us that you intend to apply for a CSC Research Scholarship.
Send the email to: email@example.com
You must use the email subject line: CSC Research Scholarship - Intention to Apply
Step 4: Receive your offer of admission and scholarship
The Graduate Research School will assess your application, and if successful you will be issued with an offer of admission and scholarship into our PhD program.
Step 5: Submit your CSC Research Scholarship application
When you have received the required documentation from the Graduate Research School, you should submit your application to the CSC for consideration.
The final selection for CSC Research Scholarships is made by the CSC on the basis of academic merit.
Application to Western Sydney University
Applications open: 01 July
Applications close: 31 December
The Graduate Research School will send you an outcome by 01 March.
Applications received after 31 December or incomplete applications may not receive an outcome until after 01 March and this may impact your eligibility to apply for the CSC Research Scholarship.
Application to China Scholarship Council
Please check the CSC website to confirm the application deadlines.
Applications open: Approximately March each year
Applications close: Approximately April each year