- Research at Western
- - Researcher Development
- - Funding Opportunities
- - Research Grants Awarded
- - Preparing a Grant Application
- - Managing Your Project
- - Data Management and Technology Planning
- REDI Business
- Research Ethics and Integrity
- Centralised Research Facilities
- REDI Update
- Contact us
Preparing a Grant Application
All external research funding applications are to be lodged through REDI. This ensures legal and administrative requirements are met, including evidence for research workload negotiations.
We also employ a Grant Development Support Strategy and Process (PDF, 593.37 KB) (opens in a new window) which begins each year in April.
You need to submit your draft application to REDI Research at least five business days prior to the external closing date. In some cases this will be much earlier if there are restrictions imposed by a funding agency.
You also need to complete a Clearance Form (opens in a new window) (login required) prior to submitting your funding application.
Contact the Research Development Officer who specialises in your research area as early as possible so they can assist you with strategic advice, critical feedback, budget development and track record statements to maximise your chance of success.
You can find additional resources such as past ARC and NHMRC successful grant applications (login required) and a list of FAQs in the Grant Development Resource Library
For further information, see also Life Cycle of a Research Grant (PDF, 380.45 KB) (opens in a new window)
Research Development Officer Portfolios
Nikki Lengkeek, Manager, Grants and Researcher Development
- Australia-China Institute for Arts and Culture
- Institute for Culture and Society
- School of Business
- School of Humanities and Communication Arts
- School of Law
- School of Social Sciences and Psychology
- Translational Health Research Institute
- School of Education
- School of Medicine
- School of Science and Health
- Hawkesbury Institute for the Environment
- The MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development
- National Institute of Complementary Medicine
- School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
- School of Nursing and Midwifery