- Research at Western
- - Researcher Development
- - Funding Opportunities
- - Research Grants Awarded
- - Preparing a Grant Application
- - Managing Your Project
- - Data Management and Technology Planning
- REDI Business
- Research Ethics and Integrity
- Centralised Research Facilities
- Mass Observations
- REDI Update
Preparing a Grant Application
All external research funding applications are to be lodged through REDI. This ensures legal and administrative requirements are met, including evidence for research workload negotiations.
We also employ a Grant Development Support Strategy and Process (PDF, 593.37 KB) (opens in a new window) which begins each year in April.
You need to submit your draft application to REDI Research at least five business days prior to the external closing date. In some cases this will be much earlier if there are restrictions imposed by a funding agency.
You also need to complete a Clearance Form (opens in a new window) (login required) prior to submitting your funding application.
Contact the Research Development Officer who specialises in your research area as early as possible so they can assist you with strategic advice, critical feedback, budget development and track record statements to maximise your chance of success.
You can find additional resources such as past ARC and NHMRC successful grant applications (login required) and a list of FAQs in the Grant Development Resource Library
For further information, see also Life Cycle of a Research Grant (PDF, 380.45 KB) (opens in a new window)
Research Development Officer Portfolios
- Australia-China Institute for Arts and Culture
- The MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development
- School of Education
- School of Law
- School of Social Sciences and Psychology
- Institute for Culture and Society
- School of Business
- School of Humanities and Communication Arts
- Translational Health Research Institute
- School of Medicine
- School of Science and Health
- Hawkesbury Institute for the Environment
- National Institute of Complementary Medicine
- School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
Casual Employment Calculator (PDF, 897.94 KB) (opens in a new window)
Note: The Casual Employment Calculator is an interactive PDF form. If you are unable to view it in your web browser please download the form to your computer by right-clicking on the above link and choosing 'Save link as...' and then open it in Adobe Acrobat Pro or Adobe Reader.