AIS Greenworks Protected Cropping Scholarship
$5,000 for one year
New and continuing students
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- be currently enrolled in either the Graduate Diploma in Protected Cropping or Graduate Certificate in Protected Cropping or Master of Science (Greenhouse Horticulture)
- demonstrate a strong academic record, with a GPA of 5 or above in their course
- demonstrate a commitment to a career in protected cropping, and should address this in their written application.
- be interested in and available to complete an intensive residential internship based in Victoria at the completion of their final year
AIS Greenworks is a division of ICI Industries and is a leading Australian owned and operated Turn Key solutions provider for the commercial greenhouse industry, servicing Australia and abroad, providing design, manufacturing, installation and maintenance services to the market.
Greenhouses are quickly becoming leading producers of fruit, vegetables, and flowers throughout Australia. In fact, the hydroponics industry is now the fastest growing food production sector in Australia.
Growing within a greenhouse enables the grower to control their environment; increasing yields and quality, while lowering inputs such as water, energy, and pesticides. Between our offices in Griffith, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide and as an industry leader, AIS Greenworks are involved in a multitude of projects across Australasia ranging in both size and complexity. Our team are both approachable and hard working to ensure the outcome is optimal for the grower time and time again.
By and large, we are an engineering projects company that will design, supply and install the mechanical, hydraulic, and greenhouse systems required for competitive greenhouse operation.
More information on AIS Greenworks can be found at www.aisgreenworks.com
Applications and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career in protected cropping. This statement should address the following:
- Explain why you are undertaking Postgraduate studies in the field of Australian Protected Cropping. What led you to pursue a career in the industry?
- Explain and outline your career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving the goals.
- Using examples from your work, studies or community involvement, demonstrate your capacity and willingness to engage with both the academic and the physical nature of working in the horticulture industry. Explain what you have done, your achievements and how you and the workplace/institution/organisation/partner has benefited.
- Outline and confirm your interest in receiving a scholarship.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, their ability to meet the criteria and, where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
Applications for this scholarship are open until 14 August 2022.