- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
- International Student of the Year Awards
- International Virtual Fair
Find a course
Western Sydney University degrees are designed for success. They offer flexibility, practical skill development and the theoretical knowledge you need to become a career-ready graduate.
The International Student Fee Schedules provides a summary of courses available to international students and fees:
- 2021 Undergraduate Fee Schedule (opens in a new window)
- 2021 Postgraduate Fee Schedule (opens in a new window)
- Higher Degree Research Fee Schedule PDF, 43.97 KB (opens in a new window)
Once you have selected a course, use the Western Sydney University Course Search Engine (opens in a new window) to find out specific details about the course you want to apply to including academic entry requirements, course structures and subject descriptions.
Bachelor degrees - undergraduate study
- Arts courses
- Business courses
- Creative Industries courses
- Engineering and Built Environment courses
- Forensics courses
- Health and Sports Sciences courses
- Information and Communications Technology courses
- Law courses
- Medicine courses
- Nursing courses
- Criminology and Policing courses
- Psychology courses
- Sciences courses
- Social Sciences courses
- Teaching and Education courses
- Tourism and Urban Planning courses
Masters degrees - postgraduate study
- Arts and Humanities Courses
- Business Courses
- Communication, Design and Media Courses
- Engineering and Built Environment Courses
- Health Science Courses
- Information Technology and Computing Courses
- Law Courses
- Nursing Courses
- Medicine Courses
- Psychology Courses
- Research Studies Courses
- Science Courses
- Social Science Courses
- Teaching and Education Courses
- TESOL, Interpreting and Translation Courses
- Therapeutic Studies and Counselling Courses
Master of Research
The Master of Research enables you to complete a PhD in three years by providing a foundation of research preparation.
In the first year, you will be exposed to a unique combination of advanced methods and disciplinary coursework while concurrently developing a research proposal and improving your academic literacy skills. The course is also structured so that you will engage with issues associated with research ethics and integrity.
In the second year you will undertake a supervised research project and complete a 20,000-25,000 word thesis (or equivalent). There will also be a non-assessable structured learning component.
Doctoral research programs
Require the completion of a major original research project in a chosen academic field.
The program is conducted independently, under academic supervision. Candidates are expected to uncover new knowledge either by the discovery of new facts, the formulation of theories, or the innovative re-interpretation of known data and established ideas.
The outcome of the research project is presented by way of thesis and is expected to make a significant original contribution to knowledge in the chosen field.
The Doctoral programs support further development of research skills and experience and candidates are expected to present academic papers within professional for a and to publish academic papers.
For more information, visit the Graduate Research School.(opens in a new window)
Pre-university pathways to Western Sydney University
Western Sydney University invests in providing new study options, pathways programs and support services to ensure that students have access to a greater range of high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate opportunities.
Visit our Pre-university Pathways page to find our more about our range of formalised pathways into University degrees.