Law Society of NSW Scholarship
Scholarship Type: Indigenous
Scholarship Group: B
- $15,000 per year for one year*
*full-time, or part-time equivalent
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
Confirmation of Identity:
- identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and submit documentation declaring and confirming Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander identity.
- new and continuing student
- Bachelor of Laws (Graduate Entry), Bachelor of Laws (Non-Graduate Entry) and all combined Bachelor of Laws programs
Law Society of NSW
The Law Society of NSW is guided by its mission to:
- Undertake activities and services determined by the needs and welfare of members
- Effectively represent the profession at government and community levels
- Ensure a competitive national profession
- Ensure the community is served by ethical, competent and independent legal practitioners
- Ensure the community has reasonable and affordable access to justice
- Advocate for ongoing reform of the law and the legal system
The society supports an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander scholarship in the School of Law.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants must provide a statement supporting their application indicating how they believe receiving the scholarship will assist them with their studies and future careers. This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant's background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need and merit.
Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, ability to meet the criteria, and, where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
In addition, applicants must demonstrate the rationale for seeking an equity-based scholarship (including but not limited to socio-economic challenges).
Further information and how to apply can be found on our Indigenous Scholarship page.
Continuing Eligibility Criteria
- Recipients must remain enrolled at Western.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 4.