- About HR
- HR Systems
- Your pay
- Enterprise Agreements
- The Recruitment Process
- Addressing COVID-19: Workforce Strategy
- Expression of Interest for Voluntary Redundancy
- Work Plan Policy Repository
- HR Feedback
- Shared Services
- Enterprise Bargaining
- On Costs
- Position Classification Standards - 2017.pdf
- Our People Securing Success
Salary sacrifice (sometimes referred to as salary packaging) allows an employee to receive part of their salary in the form of benefits which reduces PAYG tax. The University pays for particular benefits on your behalf from your total gross wage, rather than you paying for the benefits from your nett wage.
Listed below are some frequently asked questions. For more detailed information, please refer to the Salary Packaging Guide (PDF, 447.15 KB). (opens in a new window)
What can I salary sacrifice?
Approved salary sacrifice options include:
- Standard and additional superannuation contributions
- On Campus Child Care
- University Car Parking
- Novated Motor Vehicle Leases - sgfleet
- Laptop/notebook computers and iPads (used primarily for work purposes)
- Western Sydney University Gym Membership
Novated Motor Vehicle Leases
Western Sydney University staff can use the services of sgfleet to manage the Salary Packaging program for Novated Motor Vehicle Leases.
sgfleet provides a one stop shop for your total Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing needs and have dedicated Account Managers to assist you throughout the entire process.
For more information visit the staff benefits webpage
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to salary sacrifice?
What's the benefit of salary sacrificing?
How much can I salary sacrifice?
Can more than 1 option be salary sacrificed?
How will my leave entitlements be calculated?
Will my superannuation contributions be affected if I elect to participate in the salary sacrificing scheme?
How will overtime and Union fees be calculated?
Is there an administrative fee to participate?
The fee, which incurs GST covers salaries, establishment costs, maintenance of employee's records, payroll adjustments, employee correspondence, maintenance of web site, system requirements and correspondence with suppliers.
Once I elect to participate in the salary sacrificing scheme, am I permanently committed to it?
Alternatively, a participating employee can terminate their salary sacrificing arrangements by giving at least 4 weeks notice, in writing, to the Executive Director, Human Resources.
What happens to my salary sacrificing if I was to cease continuing/fixed term employment with Western Sydney University?
If you are salary sacrificing for a novated lease vehicle, the novation ceases on your last day of duty with the University and the original agreement between the employee and the Fleet Management company is reinstated. The employee is at all times responsible for financial obligations and care of the novated vehicle and therefore immediately becomes responsible for all lease payments. Your signed application form for a Novated Lease recognises this in the declaration.
- On Campus Child Care (PDF, 58.01 KB) (opens in a new window)
- University Car Parking forms
- Novated Motor Vehicle salary -salary sacrifice application form (PDF, 80.69 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Western Sydney University Gym salary sacrifice application form (PDF, 2690.58 KB) (opens in a new window)