Leaving Western Sydney University Employment
Checklist for Staff Members
The Leaving Western Sydney University Employment - Staff Checklist (DOCX, 45.1 KB) (opens in a new window) provides information for staff members who are leaving the University.
If you are leaving, use the checklist to ensure that you have returned all University property and resources and provided all necessary information. This will assist the Office of Human Resources to efficiently process your final payments.
Checklist for Managers and Supervisors
The Employee Leaving Western Sydney University Employment - Supervisor's Checklist (DOCX, 45.13 KB) (opens in a new window) is for use by supervisors in managing the process when a staff member for whom they are responsible leaves Western Sydney University employment.
Managers are responsible for advising the Office of Human Resources immediately they know that a staff member will be leaving their employment. Please note that liaison may be required with HR throughout the process.
Resignation - FAQs
What period of notice should I give?
To whom should I address my resignation?
What will my final pay consist of?
What do I need to do before I leave Western Sydney University?
- Mobile phone or any other communication equipment
- Corporate credit cards
- Motor vehicle and associated petrol cards
- After hour access code
- Library resources
- Staff card
Where can I get further information?
Retirement - FAQs
What is Retirement?
Post-Retirement Contract Eligibility Requirements & Process
To what benefits am I entitled if I retire?
Are you interested in the Retired Academics (and University administrators) Database?
Information on redundancy can be found in the University Enterprise Agreements.
For further information, contact a HR Advisor or Senior HR Partner (opens in a new window) responsible for your relevant School or Division.
Termination on the Grounds of Ill Health
The Vice-Chancellor and President may require, in writing, any staff member whose capacity to perform the duties of his or her office is in doubt, to undergo a medical examination by a medical practitioner chosen by the University, at the expense of the University. The procedures that apply are outlined in the University Enterprise Agreements.
Exit Survey - FAQs
Must I complete an Exit Survey?
Can anyone complete an Exit Survey?
What happens to my Exit Survey information?
- Exit survey information is collated and analysed by the Office of Human Resources to identify trends and opportunities for improvements to the University's practices as an employer.
Can I say anything I like in an exit survey?
- Yes. Provide honest and frank feedback about your employment experiences.
- You are welcome to communicate in writing or in interview about sensitive or serious issues. Any anonymous allegation made in an exit survey or exit interview will not be followed up by the University.
Can I talk to someone rather than fill in a Survey?
Yes. Employees leaving Western Sydney Univesity employment may request a personal, face-to-face exit interview through HR who will generally conduct and record the interview, or this can also be done by the Equity and Diversity Unit.
Simply call your Senior HR Partner (opens in a new window) or the Equity and Diversity Unit.
- Leaving Western Sydney University Employment - Staff Checklist (DOCX, 45.1 KB) (opens in a new window)
- Employee Leaving Western Sydney University Employment - Supervisor's Checklist (DOCX, 1076.75 KB) (opens in a new window)