Senior Lecturer in the School of Nursing and Midwifery
Evan Alexandrou is a Senior Lecturer with the School of Nursing and Midwifery at the Western Sydney University as well as a Clinical Nurse Consultant in the Intensive Care Unit at Liverpool Hospital where he coordinates the Central Venous Access Service which is internationally renowned for its clinical expertise in vascular access procedures.
Evan is involved in clinical education at an undergraduate and postgraduate level for Nursing and Medical training programs and is a conjoint lecturer with the Faculty of Medicine at the University of New South Wales. Evan is also an adjunct Associate Professor with the AVATAR Group based in the Menzies Health Institute at Griffith University in Queensland.
Evan has been involved in local, national and international studies related to vascular access insertion and management including NHMRC funded clinical trials. Notably, Evan is the instigator and chief investigator of the world’s largest study related to peripheral catheters that clinically reviewed over 41,000 devices in 406 hospitals from 51 countries.
- Patient outcomes based research
- Clinical trials
- Clinical evaluation
Qualifications and Recognition
- PhD Curtin University Western Australia
- MPubHlth University of New South Wales
- CertIVAssWrkTrn South Western Sydney Institute of TAFE
- CertIntensCareNur South Western Sydney Health Service
- BHlth University of Western Sydney, Macarthur
- DipHlthSci University of Western Sydney, Macarthur
Research and Publications