Dr Caroline Mills
Lecturer, Occupational Therapy
Caroline graduated from The University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) in 2003. Caroline has 13 years of clinical experience working with children and families in schools, family homes and other community settings in Australia and The UK. In 2008, Caroline was selected as an Australian Youth Ambassador for Development (AYAD) and relocated to China to serve as the first occupational therapist at The Shenzhen Autism Society. Caroline returned from China in 2009 to work as a school occupational therapist and positive behaviour support clinician for Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect).
Caroline holds a Master of Applied Linguistics from Macquarie University and a PhD from The University of Sydney. Her thesis title was Classroom based sensory processing intervention for children with autism. In 2013, Caroline was awarded The Aspect Elizabeth Hoyles Fellowship for her research and in 2016, Caroline was appointed an Aspect Practice Specialist in recognition of her experience and leadership in sensory processing practice and research.
Caroline has presented papers at numerous Australian and International conferences in autism, intellectual disability, sensory processing, positive behaviour support and school based occupational therapy. Caroline has been invited to present papers and workshops at The Singapore Autism Congress, Asia Pacific Autism Conference and The Australian Autism in Education Conference. Caroline’s research is published in Australian and international peer reviewed journals.
- Sensory Processing
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Australasian Society for Autism Research (ASfAR) (2012 - 2018)
- Occupational Therapy Australia (2009 - 2018)
- Occupational Therapy Australia- National Paediatric Steering Committee
Qualifications and Recognition
- PhD University of Sydney
- MAppLing Macquarie University
- BAppSc(OT) University of Sydney
- School of Science and Health Research Impact Competition- Winner 2019-07-04
- Nominated- Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect)- Advancement Award 2016-07-01
Research & Publications
- For a complete list of my publications please see my publications page (opens in a new window)
- View my ResearchGate profile (opens in a new window)