- Research at Western
- - Researcher Development
- - Funding Opportunities
- - Research Grants Awarded
- - Preparing a Grant Application
- - Managing Your Project
- - Data Management and Technology Planning
- REDI Business
- Research Integrity and Ethics
- Centralised Research Facilities
- Research Participation Opportunities
- REDI Update
- Contact us
Many funding applications call for a justification of the budget you are requesting from them (direct costs), other contributions (partner investigators/organisations) and how the University is supporting the project within the institution (indirect costs). These are usually outlined in separate sections.
- Research assistance: outline the role and say why this is crucial to the conduct of the research. Say what skills are required for the position.
- Travel: outline why you are going, how long you will be away or explain how you arrived at the total number of kilometres.
- Maintenance: if you want to include phone, postage etc. this must be special to the project e.g. survey mailouts.
- University Levy: contribution towards infrastructure costs.
- Investigator salaries proportional to the time allocated to the project.
- Infrastructure e.g. office space, meeting venues, computer access.
- Professional development (workshops for specific skills).
- The research environment e.g. opportunities to work with other similar/related researchers and postgraduates.
- Access to specialist resources such as libraries and or unique databases.
Always seek advice from your Research Development Officer (RDO) if you have any queries.