With respect for Aboriginal cultural protocol and out of recognition that its campuses occupy their traditional lands, Western Sydney University acknowledges the Darug, Eora, Dharawal (also referred to as Tharawal) and Wiradjuri peoples and thanks them for their support of its work in their lands in Greater Western Sydney and beyond.
The Lithgow Transformation Hub will act as a collaborative space for community, business, government, education, and industry to come together to explore a wealth of possibilities for the Lithgow region to ensure a vibrant and thriving future consistent with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The Hub’s impact will be enhanced through a diverse range of community-based partnerships, projects, events, and outreach activities.
*All general enquiries and correspondence should be directed to:
Western Sydney University
Locked Bag 1797
Penrith NSW 2751
Getting to the Hub
Lithgow Transformation Hub is located within a beautiful natural environment, surrounded by the Great Dividing Range escarpments, is only a 2½ hour drive from Sydney and 40 minutes from Bathurst. Secure onsite parking is available.
Lithgow Transformation Hub has direct rail links to Sydney's CBD. The Blue Mountains Line (BMT) takes you from Central to Lithgow in just under three hours.
© OpenStreetMap contributors
Connecting Global Goals and the Lithgow community
Following community consultation, the Hub plans to initially focus on the following priority areas:
- Gateway to Wiradjuri – a space for local Traditional Owners and the Aboriginal community to yarn, learn, and share knowledge with the broader community
- CHEERS – holistic health and wellbeing program including pop up safe spaces
- Activate: Incubate – activator and incubator for emerging and regenerative industries
- Education for Life – education program focusing on school students, the unemployed, and older residents
- Lithgow Sprint – immediate, powerful recoding of Lithgow’s narratives through youth voices, building to an integrated program of writing residencies, events, and mentorships.
- The Core – coordination and governance spine.
Our state of the art facility includes:
- a 90 seat lecture theatre;
- multiple training rooms for up to 60 people;
- a 20 seat zoom room;
- a wet science lab; and
- a clinical simulation room together with multiple collaboration spaces.
Collaborate with us
The Maldhan Ngurr Ngurra – Lithgow Transformation Hub is envisaged as a space where the Lithgow community can continue to come together with the University, share knowledge and resources, and work together towards a sustainable and thriving future.
For more information about our activities, to partner with us or to enquire about using our facilities please register your interest.