Are you an International student?

Looks like you are viewing this page from Australia
students talking on campus

Bringing your Family

Bringing dependants

If you are applying for a Student Visa and wish to bring children and/or your spouse (dependents) for the duration of your study in Australia, please refer to information on bringing family on the Australian Immigration website.


Financial requirements

You will also need to consider financial requirements to cover any family members travelling with you:

School-aged dependants

If you come to Australia as an overseas student on a student visa, you should be aware that you will be required to pay full fees for any of your school-aged dependants who accompany you and who are enrolled in either a government or nongovernment school in Australia.

Information about the enrolment and fees for temporary visa holders and dependants of overseas students:

DE International - NSW Department of Education

For information on enrolment and fees for full fee paying overseas students contact:

International Students Centre
NSW Department of Education and Training
Ground Floor, 827-839 George Street, Sydney NSW 2001

Calling from overseas: +61 2 9244 555
Calling from inside Australia: 1300 300 229

International School

For lodgement of applications and all correspondence post to:

Temporary Residents Program
NSW Department of Education and Training
Locked Bag 7004, Wollongong NSW 2520

(61) 1300 300 229 (local call)

Further Information

More information can also be found on the NSW Public Schools website. 

We're here to help

Call +61 2 9852 5499 or contact an International Education Agent in your country.

"I love studying Law at WSU because of the practical approach they have to teaching."

— Avantika Prameshwar. Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws.