- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- Online systems
- Exams and results
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
Have a question? We're your first point of contact for information, advice, forms and referrals to other services.
- Spring exam opening hours: During Spring exams (30 October – 11 November), Student Central will open half an hour before the first exam and close half an hour after the start of the last exam of each day. That means we’re on hand to help when you need us during your exams.
Avoid waiting in line!
QLess is a virtual queuing system that Student Central has now implemented across all Western Sydney University campuses in 2017. Instead of standing in line at Student Central, you can go online to reserve your place in the queue—we'll SMS you when it's your turn. So you can keep studying or relax, instead of waiting in a queue.
If you don't have a phone you can add yourself to the queue via the Student Central website or use the kiosk at Student Central and wait nearby where there is a digital screen, which will display where you are in the queue.
How do I access QLess?
There are several ways to join a queue:
- Download the Western App and click on the Students icon or Services Icon
- Get the QLess app on your iPhone/iPad or Android device
- Scan the QR codes displayed on the posters around the campus
- Go to Student Central and use the kiosk
- Visit the QLess website for your campus, from any device:
We can help with general advice and issues including:
You can contact us by phone, just call the Student Central Infoline on 1300 668 370 or if calling from an International location +61 2 9852 5656 and follow the prompts to be directed to the right person:
- Western Sydney University students – choose option one
- Western Sydney University staff – choose option two
- Western Sydney University, Tutorial Registration- choose option three
You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Bankstown||Building 1||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Campbelltown||Building 5||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Hawkesbury||Building K4||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Nirimba||Building U8||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Parramatta||Building EJa||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Parramatta City||Level 1||9.00am - 6.00pm|
|Penrith (Kingswood)||Building K, Room 1.16||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Sydney Olympic Park||Level 4, 8 Australia Avenue Sydney Olympic Park||8.00am - 4.00pm|
Saturday Opening hours
- 25 February, 10am - 2pm - Parramatta South
- 18 March, 10am - 2pm - Parramatta South
- 8 April, 10am - 2pm - Parramatta City
- 20 May, 10am - 2pm - Parramatta South
- 10 June, 10am - 2pm - Parramatta South
- 1 July, 10am - 2pm - Parramatta City
- 26 August, 10am - 2pm - Parramatta South
- 2 September, 10am - 2pm - Parramatta City
- 23 September, 10am - 2pm - Parramatta City
- 14 October, 10am - 2pm - Parramatta South
- 4 November, 10am - 2pm - Parramatta South
- 16 December, 10am-2pm- Parramatta South
Did you know that HELP is on hand 24/7.
To find answers to commonly asked questions or to simply get some help navigating a range of services and support available at Western. Try it now (opens in a new window)
We would love your Feedback
Student Central value what you have to say about the service we deliver. To help us provide the best possible service to you, we want to hear about your experience. Complete the online Student Survey here (opens in a new window)