Are you an International student?

Looks like you are viewing this page from Australia


Important COVID-19 information

Masks MUST be worn on public transport and highly recommended in car sharing and taxi services.

Trip planners

Transport NSW has most of the information you’ll need to get around with great trip planning utilities. Alternatively, you can look at other online tools like Google Maps.

Opal - your ticket to public transport

To travel on most NSW public transport (buses, trains, ferries, light rail) you will need an Opal travel card.


The NSW Government provides concession (cheaper) travel to tertiary students on trains, buses, ferries and light rail within the Opal network. To access travel concessions, you need a valid Concession Opal card. Student Services Hub can also help you with this.

As a student with Western Sydney University, you may be eligible for a concession Opal card, which will allow you to travel more cheaply. How to apply for a Concession Opal card.

Ways to get around

There are many ways to get around in Sydney and Transport NSW has great resources for all modes of transport:

  • Metro, Train and Light Rail
  • Bus
  • Ferry
  • Taxis and rideshare
  • Regional Trains and Coaches
  • Driving
  • Walking and bike riding

Driving in NSW as an International Student

It against the law to drive without having the proper driver licence. Before driving a car on the road, make sure you have a proper driver licence and know the road rules.

For more information, please carefully read through the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) website.

RMS Contact Details

Roads and Maritime Services contact information

(8.30 am – 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 12.00 pm  Saturday)

General Contact Phone
132 213

Further useful and important information visit:

Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) - Information for International Visitors

We're here to help

Call +61 2 9852 5499 or contact an International Education Agent in your country.

"I love studying Law at WSU because of the practical approach they have to teaching."

— Avantika Prameshwar. Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws.