- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- - International Student Scholarships
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
Fees and costs
International students are required to have genuine access to sufficient funds while studying in Australia. Funds should be sufficient to contribute to the cost of tuition, travel, living costs and school costs of any dependants.
|Expenses per type||Per person||Amount required in AUD$|
|Travel||Applicant||Return air fare to Australia|
|Family members||One return air fare to Australia per person|
|Tuition||Applicant||Course fees - refer to the fee schedules below|
|School-age children aged 5-18||Refer to this site (opens in a new window)|
|Living||Applicant||AUD $25,000 per year|
|Partner||AUD $7,100 per year|
|Child||AUD $3,040 per year|
International Student Tuition Fees
Annual tuition fees only cover the cost of your tuition. They do not include other expenses associated with university study such as accommodation, books, equipment and living expenses.
The annual tuition fee for each course is listed on a separate sheet (see links below). Your Offer of Admission Letter will state the fees you should pay, including compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) fees and any other general charges levied by the University.
Higher Degree Research Fees
- 2018 Higher Degree Research Fee Schedule (PDF, 463.73 KB) (opens in a new window)
- 2017 Higher Degree Research Fee Schedule (PDF, 37.86 KB) (opens in a new window)
- 2016 Higher Degree Research Fee Schedule (PDF, 21.4 KB) (opens in a new window)
For fee refund policy information, please see International Fee and Refund Agreement (opens in a new window).
Further reading: International Student Fee and Refund Agreement (opens in a new window)
Western Sydney University, The College Fees
- English, Programs, Foundation and Diploma (opens in a new window)
Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)
All of the income from the SSAF is spent on student services and amenities related to sporting and recreational activities, employment and career advice, health and welfare, study skills programs, orientation, childcare, financial advice, overseas student services, and food services. Each year we consult with students to find out what you see as the priorities for SSAF. Students can also propose ideas or give feedback on how the money should be spent.
Overseas Student Health Cover
More information can be found on the Overseas Student Health Cover page.
Cost of Living
More information on the Cost of Living page or Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) website.(opens in a new window)
Education of Dependants
More information can be found on the Bringing family page.
Study Abroad Fees
- 2017 Study Abroad Fee Schedule (PDF, 27.43 KB) (opens in a new window)