- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- - International Student Scholarships
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
Fees and costs
International students are required to have genuine access to sufficient funds while studying in Australia. Funds should be sufficient to contribute to the cost of tuition, travel, living costs and school costs of any dependants.
|Expenses per type||Per person||Amount required in AUD$|
|Travel||Applicant||Return air fare to Australia|
|Family members||One return air fare to Australia per person|
|Tuition||Applicant||Course fees - refer to the fee schedules below|
|School-age children aged 5-18||Refer to this site (opens in a new window)|
|Living||Applicant||AUD $25,000 per year|
|Partner||AUD $7,100 per year|
|Child||AUD $3,040 per year|
International Student Tuition Fees
Annual tuition fees only cover the cost of your tuition. They do not include other expenses associated with university study such as accommodation, books, equipment and living expenses.
The annual tuition fee for each course is listed on a separate sheet (see links below). Your Offer of Admission Letter will state the fees you should pay, including compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) fees and any other general charges levied by the University.
The tuition fee must be paid in advance for each session or teaching period. Annual tuition and other fees are subject to change on 1 January each year after commencement of study.
For information on fee refunds and policies see the International Student Fee and Refund Agreement page (opens in a new window)
Fee Schedules and Costs
Undergraduate Tuition Fees
- 2019 Undergraduate Fee Schedule 2019 (PDF, 810.41 KB)
- 2018 Undergraduate Fee Schedule (PDF, 629.89 KB) (opens in a new window)
- 2017 Undergraduate Fee Schedule (PDF, 465.66 KB) (opens in a new window)
- 2016 Undergraduate Fee Schedule (PDF, 516.53 KB) (opens in a new window)
- 2015 Undergraduate Fee Schedule (PDF, 172.96 KB) (opens in a new window)
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
- 2019 Postgraduate Fee Schedule 2019 (PDF, 514.25 KB)
- 2018 Postgraduate Fee Schedule PDF, 637.68 KB (opens in a new window)
- 2017 Postgraduate Fee Schedule (PDF, 473.69 KB) (opens in a new window)
- 2016 Postgraduate Fee Schedule (PDF, 563.87 KB) (opens in a new window)
Higher Degree Research Tuition Fees
- 2019 Higher Degree Research Fee Schedule ( PDF, 74.6 KB) (opens in a new window)
- 2018 Higher Degree Research Fee Schedule (PDF, 463.73 KB) (opens in a new window)
- 2017 Higher Degree Research Fee Schedule (PDF, 37.86 KB) (opens in a new window)
- 2016 Higher Degree Research Fee Schedule (PDF, 21.4 KB) (opens in a new window)
Western Sydney University, The College Tuition Fees
- English, Programs, Foundation and Diploma (opens in a new window)
Study Abroad Fees
- 2017 Study Abroad Fee Schedule (PDF, 27.43 KB) (opens in a new window)
Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)
All of the income from the SSAF is spent on student services and amenities related to sporting and recreational activities, employment and career advice, health and welfare, study skills programs, orientation, childcare, financial advice, overseas student services, and food services. Each year we consult with students to find out what you see as the priorities for SSAF. Students can also propose ideas or give feedback on how the money should be spent.
Other University Costs
Apart from tuition fees (for your course and units) and SSAF, there are a number of costs associated with studying at university. Make sure you find out what additional costs you'll have while studying at Western Sydney University.
More information on the University Costs page.
Overseas Student Health Cover
More information can be found on the Overseas Student Health Cover page.
Cost of Living
More information on the Cost of Living page or Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) website.(opens in a new window)
Education of Dependants
More information can be found on the Bringing family page.