If you have already submitted an airport pick-up request, please check your email junk folder for a confirmation email.
Arriving in Sydney to study at Western Sydney University for the first time?
The University offers a free airport pick-up service to help make your way from Sydney Airport (Kingsford Smith International Airport) to your Western Sydney University campus. Please ensure you submit your request within five (5) working days of your arrival to allow sufficient time to process your request.
Who is eligible for a free airport pick-up service?
A free airport pick-up service is available for new commencing students enrolling directly into one of the following Western Sydney University programs:
- - Undergraduate (Bachelor program)
- - Postgraduate (Masters, Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate)
- - Research (PhD, M Research or M Philosophy)
- - Non-award (Study Abroad or Exchange)
- - English language program at Sydney Olympic campus only (offered by The College). Program must be packaged with a Western degree.
- - Diploma or Foundation program at Bankstown and Nirimba campuses only (offered by The College). Program must be packaged with a Western degree.
The free service is only available to a Western Sydney University campus destination (excluding Sydney City campus). For transport to other destinations (eg. a friend's home or another location), you will need to pay a fee and is subject to availability.
Who can book the airport pick-up service for a fee?
The University's Airport Pick-up Service may be available to the groups below for a fee. A quote will be provided once the booking form is submitted. Passengers will need to pay the Airport Shuttle Bus service directly.
- Western Sydney University International College students (studying at Parramatta City campus - George St, Parramatta)
- Students enrolling in a Diploma or Foundation program (including applicants with a packaged offer) at Parramatta City campus (George St, Parramatta) prior to commencing at the University are welcome to use this service for a fee. Please refer to your Offer Pack for details.
- Friends and family
- Friends and family are welcome to accompany you for a fee. Please list all accompanying passengers in your booking form to ensure there are seats available on the bus you will be travelling on.
Studying at Sydney City campus?
- An airport pick-up service is not available to students enrolling in a program offered at Sydney City campus. You will need to make your own airport pick-up arrangements.
- You must submit your free airport pick-up request at least five (5) working days prior to your Sydney arrival date. You will receive a confirmation once your request is processed.
- If you submit a request less than five (5) working days upon landing, your request may not be processed in time for your arrival and you will need to seek an alternative service at your own expense.
- Students may only use this service on their first arrival to Sydney Airport.
- The service is only available from Kingsford Smith International Airport, Sydney to a Western Sydney University campus (except Sydney City campus). A drop-off at a location other than a Western Sydney University campus is not possible.
- The service is not available to our Sydney City campus location.
- Vehicle capacity is limited. Accompanying friends and family who have not been booked on the service may not be able to ride. If you have accompanying passengers, please ensure you indicate the number of additional passengers in 'Additional Information' on the form so they can be booked on the service. A quote will be provided and they will need to pay the Airport Shuttle Bus Service directly.
- Please confirm your flight and on-campus accommodation before requesting an airport pick-up transfer.
- Complete the Penrith Mini Bus Service Quote Request Form (opens in a new window)
- At the top of the form, please select: 'one way' and 'to home'
- In the 'additional information' box, please insert the following details:
- Student ID number (your SID can be found on your offer letter)
- Insert 'Western Sydney University'
- Insert the name of the campus you are studying at e.g. Parramatta campus
- List all accompanying passengers (if applicable). You will be sent a quote for family and friends travelling with you.
- Important note: You must include your SID number and 'Western Sydney University' to avoid being charged an airport transfer fee.
At the airport - meeting your driver
- Your driver will be available to meet you 1.5 hours after your scheduled on-time arrival time. This ensures we accommodate any delays you may experience with flights or at customs.
- Once you have passed through customs, please proceed to the meeting point at McDonald's.
- Check your phone for a text with your driver's direct phone number. Call your driver who will come from the holding area to collect you.
- If you have trouble with your phone, use the airport's free WiFi to contact the airport pick up service via the Penrith Mini Bus Service Facebook page.
- Please ensure you are ready and waiting at the meeting point. The driver will not be able to wait at the terminal for an extended time due to airport regulations.