- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- International Student Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney University Staff Scholarships
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
- - Vice-Chancellor’s Langtang Valley Scholarship
- - BHP David Walker Australian Studies Scholarship
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
Western Sydney International is offering $7,500 and $5,000 multi-year scholarships to new commencing international students enrolling in undergraduate degree coursework programs at Western Sydney University in Spring 2019 and in 2020.
No application is necessary. All new applications for admission will be automatically considered for a scholarship. If you are successful, your scholarship offer will be outlined in your Offer of Admission letter.
Scholarships are granted on academic achievement in a completed Year 12 qualification or equivalent recognised by Western Sydney University for admission.
- be an international student and not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia. If your visa status changes to one of these during the study period, the scholarship will discontinue.
- commence a new course of study in Spring 2019 or 2020 for the first time
- be studying in a CRICOS registered undergraduate degree program
- satisfy the academic eligibility requirements for either the $7,500 or $5,000 multi-year scholarship
- satisfy all other admission requirements and accept their admission offer.
Applicants are not eligible if they:
- are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia
- are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at Western Sydney University
- do not commence study in the session and year indicated in their offer. Commencement may not be deferred
- are granted more than 160 credit points in advanced standing. (Note: In the event of advanced standing, the scholarship will apply to the reduced duration of the course and will not exceed the annual value of the scholarship in any one year of full-time study.)
- study less than 80 credit points to complete the course
- are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus
- have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University.
Note: Students applying via the University’s articulation pathway partners will be considered for a scholarship according to marginally different criteria.
All CRICOS registered undergraduate degrees excluding courses subject to strict quotas. Courses with quotas include Doctor of Medicine, Bachelor of Nursing and Bachelor of Nursing (Graduate Entry).
- $7,500 per year contribution towards tuition fees (up to three years maximum) or
- $5,000 per year contribution towards tuition fees (up to three years maximum)
The value awarded will be dependent on your level of academic achievement in previous studies.
The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
Scholarships will be granted on a first-come-first-served basis until filled.
Students are advised to accept the scholarship as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
For further information or assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org