- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- International Student Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney University Staff Scholarships
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
- - School of Social Sciences and Psychology International Scholarship
- - Postgraduate business scholarships
- - International 'Early Bird' Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor’s Langtang Valley Scholarship
- - Sydney Graduate School of Management (SGSM) International Scholarship – Quarter 4/2017
- - School of Social Sciences and Psychology Postgraduate International Scholarship 2017
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
Western Sydney International is offering scholarship awards to international students enrolling in undergraduate coursework programs.
New international students commencing an undergraduate coursework program at Western Sydney University in 2018.
Awards are granted on the basis of academic merit.
All CRICOS registered undergraduate degrees excluding courses subject to strict quotas. Courses with quotas include Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Nursing and Bachelor of Nursing (Graduate Entry).
Depending on the applicant's academic achievement, the following benefits will be granted as a one-off contribution towards tuition fees:
- $10,000 or
- $5,000 or
This amount will be credited towards the scholarship recipient's second session tuition fees.
The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
Supplementary English Language Program Scholarship – China, Indonesia and Vietnam
Applicants from China, Indonesia and Vietnam who are granted one of these scholarships who are enrolling in undergraduate coursework programs packaged with an English for Academic Purposes (EAP) language program offered by Western Sydney University The College, will also be eligible for a supplementary English language program scholarship in addition to the above award:
|$10,000 plus||$5,000 plus||$2,000 plus|
|China||Up to 10 weeks EAP||$1,000 towards EAP||N/A|
|Indonesia||Up to 10 weeks EAP||$1,000 towards EAP||$1,000 towards EAP|
|Vietnam||Up to 10 weeks EAP||$1,000 towards EAP||$1,000 towards EAP|
The amount will be credited towards your English language program offered by Western Sydney University, The College at the time of enrolment.
Selection will be based on academic achievement in a completed Year 12 qualification or equivalent recognised by Western Sydney University for admission.
Applicants must also:
- be international students with a Higher Education Sector Visa. (Subclass 500)
- commence a new course of study in 2018 for the first time.
- be studying in a CRICOS registered undergraduate program
- satisfy all admission requirements and accept their admission offer
Applicants are not eligible if they:
- are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia.
- are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University.
- are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at Western Sydney University.
- do not commence study in the session and year indicated in their offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
- have been granted more than 80 credit points advanced standing.
- are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus.
- have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University.
New applicants - from 20 July 2017
No application is necessary. All new applications for admission will be automatically considered for a scholarship. If you are successful, your scholarship offer will be outlined in your offer of admission letter.
Existing applicants - prior to 20 July 2017
Scholarships will be granted on a first come first served basis until filled.
Students are advised to accept the scholarship as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
For further information or assistance please email email@example.com