- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- International Student Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney University Staff Scholarships
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
- - School of Social Sciences and Psychology International Scholarship
- - International 'Early Bird' Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor’s Langtang Valley Scholarship
- - School of Social Sciences and Psychology Postgraduate International Scholarship 2017
- - Western Sydney University Scholarship - China
- - Western Sydney International Bursary
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
Western Sydney International is offering scholarship awards to outstanding international students enrolling in postgraduate coursework programs.
New international students intending to commence a postgraduate coursework program at Western Sydney University in 2019.
Awards are granted on the basis of academic merit.
All CRICOS registered 1, 1.5 or 2-year postgraduate coursework degree (excluding higher degree research).
Benefits and duration
Depending on the applicant's academic achievement, the following benefits will be granted as a one-off contribution towards tuition fees:
- $7,500 or
This amount will be credited to the scholarship recipient’s fee account after the Census date of their first study session, or after the census date of their second quarter of study, if they are enrolled in a quarter based program.
The scholarship is a partial tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
- be an international student with a Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 500)
- commence a new course of study in 2019
- have received an unconditional offer of admission to Western Sydney University
- satisfy all admission requirements and accept their admission offer
- meet the academic requirement for the scholarship in their most recent completed tertiary qualification recognised by Western Sydney University as follows:
|All countries (except Subcontinent)||Subcontinent Section 1 and 2 University||Subcontinent Section 3 University|
|$7,500||GPA 5.0/7.0 |
|GPA 5.0/7.0 |
|GPA 5.3/7.0 |
|$5,000||GPA 4.67/7.0 |
|GPA 4.67/7.0 |
|GPA 5.0/7.0 |
Applicants are not eligible if they:
- are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia
- are a citizen of the People's Republic of China
- are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- are currently enrolled at Western Sydney University and apply for a scholarship for their existing course of study
- do not submit a fully completed application and/or acceptance
- are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus
- have been granted more than 80 credit points advanced standing
- study less than 80 credit points to complete the course
- have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University
- are enrolling in a higher degree research program eg. PhD.
Application periodCurrently opened until filled.
Scholarships will be granted on a first come first served basis until filled.
Students are advised to accept the scholarship as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
For further information or assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org