- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- International Student Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney University Staff Scholarships
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
- - School of Social Sciences and Psychology International Scholarship
- - Postgraduate business scholarships
- - International 'Early Bird' Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor’s Langtang Valley Scholarship
- - Sydney Graduate School of Management (SGSM) International Scholarship – Quarter 4/2017
- - School of Social Sciences and Psychology Postgraduate International Scholarship 2017
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
Western Sydney International is offering scholarship awards to outstanding international students enrolling in postgraduate coursework programs.
New international students intending to commence a postgraduate coursework program at Western Sydney University in 2018.
Awards are granted on the basis of academic merit.
All CRICOS registered 1, 1.5 or 2 year postgraduate coursework degree (excluding higher degree research).
Benefits and duration
- A one-off $5,000 contribution towards tuition fees. The amount will be credited towards your second semester or third quarter tuition fees.
- The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
Selection will be based on your academic achievement in your most recent completed tertiary qualification recognised by Western Sydney University. You must also meet the academic requirements of the course you are applying to at Western Sydney University.
Applicants must also:
- be an international student with a Higher Education Sector Visa. (Subclass 500)
- commence a new course of study in 2018
- have received an unconditional offer of admission to Western Sydney University
- satisfy all admission requirements and accept their admission offer
- submit a complete scholarship application by the closing date (only applicable to applicants who have received an offer prior to 10 August 2017)
- meet the academic requirements required for the scholarship
- not seek to receive advanced standing for any period throughout their course.
Applicants are not eligible if they:
- are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia
- are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- are currently enrolled at Western Sydney University and apply for a scholarship for their existing course of study
- do not submit a fully completed application and/or acceptance
- are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus
- have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University
- are enrolling in a higher degree research program eg. PhD.
No application is necessary. All new applications for admission submitted after 10 August 2017 will be automatically considered for a scholarship. If you are successful, your scholarship offer will be outlined in your offer of admission letter.
Existing applicants - prior to 10 August 2017
Application periodCurrently opened until filled.
Scholarships will be granted on a first come first served basis until filled.
Students are advised to accept the scholarship as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
For further information or assistance please email email@example.com