- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- International Student Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney University Staff Scholarships
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
- - School of Social Sciences and Psychology International Scholarship
- - International 'Early Bird' Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor’s Langtang Valley Scholarship
- - School of Social Sciences and Psychology Postgraduate International Scholarship 2017
- - Western Sydney University Scholarship - China
- - Western Sydney International Bursary
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
New international students commencing in 2019.
All CRICOS registered postgraduate degrees (except postgraduate research degrees).
Fifty percent of tuition fee per annum for the duration of the degree up to two years.
Twenty five percent of tuition fee per annum for the duration of the degree up to two years.
The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
- be international students with a Higher Education Sector Visa. (Subclass 500)
- commence a new course of study in 2019
- has received an offer of admission to Western Sydney University
- meet academic requirement for scholarship as listed below
- for 50%: achieved a minimum GPA of 5.95 on a 7 point scale or equivalent in their most recent undergraduate degree
- for 25%: achieved a minimum GPA of 5.80 on a 7 point scale in their most recent undergraduate degree.
- meet all admission requirements and accepted their admission offer by the acceptance deadline
- submit a complete application by the closing date.
An applicant is not eligible if they:
- are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia
- are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- are currently enrolled at Western Sydney University and apply for a scholarship for the existing course of study
- are seeking to make an application for advanced standing for their course prior to, or after enrolment
- did not submit an application to study at Western Sydney University and/or acceptance by the closing date
- are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus
- have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University
- are studying a postgraduate research degree.
Application and selection process
No application is necessary. All new applications will be automatically considered for a scholarship. Short-listing will be carried out by a panel of officers from the University. Applicants will be ranked based on the selection criteria and the panel's review. No separate scholarship application will be required.
Finalists will be notified via email by the University and will be requested to provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career.
25% - Currently opened until filled.
50% - Open until 30 October 2018, Apply early to avoid disappointment.
No application is necessary. All new applications for admission will be automatically considered for a scholarship.
For further information or assistance please email email@example.com