- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- International Student Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney University Staff Scholarships
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
- - Vice-Chancellor’s Langtang Valley Scholarship
- - BHP David Walker Australian Studies Scholarship
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
Application and selection process
No application is necessary. All new applications to the University will be automatically considered for a scholarship.
Short-listing will be carried out by a panel of officers from the University, 5-6 times each year. Applicants are requested to provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. Applicants will be ranked based on the selection criteria and the panel’s review. Successful applicants will be notified via email by the University.
New international students commencing in the following intakes:
- Quarter 3 - June 2019
- Quarter 4 - September 2019
- Spring - July 2019
- All 2020 intakes
All CRICOS registered postgraduate coursework degrees with a minimum one year duration (except postgraduate research degrees).
Fifty percent (50%) of tuition fee per session for full-time enrolment for the duration of the degree not exceeding two years.
The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
- submit a complete application for admission at least 2 months before the session commencement
- be international students with a Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 500)
- be commencing in a new course of study in Spring 2019 or in 2020
- have received an offer of admission to Western Sydney University
- satisfy the academic requirements for the scholarship, i.e., a minimum GPA of 5.95 on a 7 point scale or equivalent in their completed most recent undergraduate degree
- meet all other admission requirements stated in the offer letter
- and accept their admission offer by the acceptance deadline.
An applicant is not eligible if they:
- are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia
- are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- are currently enrolled at Western Sydney University and apply for a scholarship for the existing course of study
- are seeking to make an application for advanced standing for their course prior to, or after enrolment
- did not submit an application to study at Western Sydney University and/or acceptance by the closing date
- are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus
- have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University
- are applying to study a postgraduate research degree.
Open until all scholarships have been filled for the session. A limited number of scholarships are available for each session. Applications should be received at least two months prior to the commencement of the session to avoid disappointment.
For further information or assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org