HSC True Reward is Western’s early offer program for domestic students finishing their NSW HSC in 2020. The program offers you a place at Western before you receive your ATAR, on the basis of your Year 11 subject results or your HSC subject band results. This unique program recognises that you are much more than your ATAR. True Reward focuses on the scores that reflect your strong points and areas of interest.
Applications are open to domestic students completing their NSW HSC in 2020. The program is only applicable to Western Sydney University undergraduate courses or pathway courses offered through The College.
Depending on the undergraduate degree you choose, you need to achieve a minimum result or subject band in specified Year 11 or Year 12 subjects. In addition, you are also required to make a free, direct application to Western Sydney University.
No – a condition for receiving a True Reward offer includes completing and being awarded the HSC.
We determine the HSC subjects that match the university course based on the performance of previous students. For each course, we look at past students who did well and what HSC subjects they studied – as well as their band outcome.
Conditional offers based your Year 11 subjects results will be made on:
- July 30
- August 27
- September 24
Unconditional offers based on your Year 12 HSC subject bands will be made on 18 December.
If you would like your True Reward application to be assessed on your Year 11 subject results, application close at midnight on the 20 September.
If you would like your True Reward application to be assessed on your Year 12 HSC subject bands, applications close at midnight on Friday 11 December.
For more information, search for your HSC or Year 11 subjects.
We will send you an offer to the email address you originally used to apply through the Western Application Portal. The email will provide you with details on how to secure your offer. You’ll also receive an SMS, to the mobile phone number you originally used to apply for the program, informing you of the offer.
When you receive your offer, visit How to Defer for instructions on how to request deferment. Once you have deferred, you will receive confirmation of your deferment to your registered email address.
Note: If you receive a conditional offer, you will need to meet these conditions before you are eligible to defer.
Yes, you can change your preferences on your HSC True Reward application. Please keep in mind application closing dates and offer round dates when making changes to your application.
Yes, you can still apply for HSC True Reward even if you have applied for any of our other early offer programs or alternative entry schemes. For more information about other early offer schemes, visit Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) or visit Application Pathways for more information about our alternative entry schemes.
Your application for HSC True Reward is a direct application to Western Sydney University. You can still apply through UAC for courses that are not available through HSC True Reward, including courses at Western Sydney University and other universities.
You will receive a confirmation email from Western once you’ve submitted your application. You can log back in to check your application and preferences at any time.
HSC student numbers and 4 digit PINs come from the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) and are provided by your school. Contact your school if you are unsure or do not have a HSC student number. You will need your HSC student number to submit an application.
For your application to be considered, you have to select a minimum of one preference. If you are eligible to receive a True Reward offer, you will receive an offer to your highest eligible preference.
Yes, you can have different UAC and HSC True Reward preferences.
If you get more than one offer, you can choose which one to accept. Please take note of the deadlines to accept the offers you have received. Ensure you accept your preferred offer and enrol before the expiry date.
- Bachelor of Architectural Design
- Bachelor of Health Science (Paramedicine)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Laws (Graduate Entry)
- Bachelor of Laws (Non-Graduate Entry)
- Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Nursing (Enrolled Nurse pathway)
- Bachelor of Arts (Pathway to Teaching Birth-5/Birth-12) Diploma pathway
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Associate Degree in Engineering
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
HSC True Reward offers made based on Year 11 results will be conditional. This means you will be required to complete your NSW HSC.
The deadline to accept your True Reward offer will be in line with all other 2021 Autumn session offers made by Western – March 31, 2021.
Upon accepting your offer, you will need to complete the below steps:
- Choose your units using the Unit Selection Guide and enrol into each unit through MyStudentRecords (MySR). For more information regarding the steps required, visit How do I enrol?
- Build your timetable by completing Tutorial Registration for Autumn session 2021. For more information about key dates around tutorial registration and steps required for this process, visit Tutorial Registration.
- Attend Autumn 2021 Orientation. Orientation sessions and activities provide you with the opportunity to familiarise your home campus, find out more about your course and meet fellow students and academic staff. You can also pick up a student diary and your student ID on the day. For more information about Orientation week, visit Orientation.
- Create your Student ID card. For more information about the steps required for this process, visit Student ID cards.