Study Options for Non-School Leavers

What course should I study at university?

"What course should I study at university” is one of the most common questions we hear from future students. Our answer is always the same: what do you want to do?

Whether you’re looking to broaden your horizons or kick-start a new career, you’ll find unlimited opportunities at Western. Explore our study options and create the future you’ve always dreamed of.

Mature age entry to university

There are plenty of roads that lead to university, whether it’s been a few years or decades since you finished school! At Western, we offer pathways based on your work or education history so you can find the right study options to achieve your goals.

Choose to upskill with a short course in 6-12 months or take the next step on your career path with a Bachelor or Postgraduate degree. Explore your unlimited future at Western – it’s never too late.

If you finished high school more than six months ago you’ll be applying as a non-school leaver which is also known as mature age entry to university. If you’re currently in high school, head over to our Year 12 Info Hub to explore uni options.

Applications Now Open

Apply today for undergraduate study in March 2022 and take your first step towards an Unlimited future.

Get personal course recommendations with our Course Discovery Tool

Explore our Courses

Discover why we’re ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide. Whether you have a specific career goal or just want to explore our range of flexible learning options, you’ll find plenty of pathways below.


A pathway to university study with a range of Integrated Diploma/Bachelor courses, Extended Diplomas and University Foundation Studies.


An undergraduate degree, also known as a Bachelor's degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) is the first degree you can study at university. 


Postgraduate study is usually undertaken after you’ve completed a Bachelor’s degree. It may also be open to people with work experience.


If you already have some prior study or relevant work experience, our selection of Graduate Certificates and Diplomas might be a good fit.

Upskill in Training and Assessment

Advance your professional development with our Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116). You’ll gain an added edge with employers and learn new techniques for the effective delivery of training.

There will also be opportunities to network and make connections with a variety of industry professionals and experts.

Keep informed about upcoming events and register your interest to study

Course Discovery Webinar

Catch up on our Course Discovery Webinar to hear about the study options available at Western Sydney University.

Playlist includes:

  1. Introduction and Overview of Study Options
  2. Undergraduate
  3. College Pathway
  4. Shorter Postgraduate Study
  5. Postgraduate

Hear from our students

Hear from our students about their experiences and opportunities they have had whilst studying a Engineering at Western.
Hear from our student Amby and her experiences whilst studying a Master of Humanitarian and Development Studies at Western.