How to: Register
This page describes how to complete your enrolment in My Student Records (MySR) (opens in a new window).
Before you start
If you haven't already done so, activate your WesternAccount and plan what you are going to enrol in. See How do I enrol for details.
Using My Student Records (MySR)
- Open My Student Records (MySR) (opens in a new window)
- Login with your student ID and password.
- If you are a new student, make sure you have the program your enrolling is in correct
- Complete the relevant enrolment steps.
- New student?
Complete all four steps in the order they appear, starting with 'Confirm Personal details'. As you complete each step, it is marked as 'Completed' and the next step is unlocked and shown as 'Begin'.
- Existing student re-enrolling?
Complete Field of Study and Subjects and update your details in the other steps if required.
Confirm Personal details
In this step, confirm or change your name, address and next-of-kin details.
- Your given name and surname must be the same as it appears on official documentation
- If you have another name for everyday usage, you can enter it as your Preferred name. (Do not enter a nickname here.)
- You must provide an emergency contact, next of kin information and a mobile phone number.
Surveys and requirements
In this step, complete the questionnaires required by the University and Australian Government. If your course has special requirements such as the Working With Children Check, they will also be included here.
Western Sydney Commencing Student Survey
Includes brief questions about your background.
Government Statistics Survey
The University is required to provide this information to the Australian Government. If any of the pre-filled information is incorrect, you need to update it. If you need to change your citizenship details, visit a Student Central location with your original citizenship papers (or certified copies).
Read this and select 'I Agree' to indicate that you understand your responsibilities as a student at Western Sydney University.
In this step, complete the Government forms relating to your university fees and public transport.
Opal Travel Concession
Use this form to give the university permission to share your details with Transport for NSW. If you are eligible, this will allow you to receive reduced fares on the Sydney transport network. This is not an Opal application form. Wait two days after completing your enrolment, then apply for your Opal concession card.
Commonwealth Assistance Form (CAF)
You need to complete the CAF form if you are an Australian citizen or Permanent resident – except if you are a Non-Award student, or Postgraduate research student with a Research Training Program (RTP) place.
Complete the form selecting the full up-front payment option.
You have the option to apply for a loan from the Australian Government to pay your tuition fees. This is called 'HECS-HELP' for undergraduate courses and 'FEE HELP' for most postgraduate courses.
If selecting the loan option, you must enter your Tax File Number (TFN). If you do not have one, you can still submit the form, and tick the Obtain a HECS-HELP Loan. However, you must later go back into My Student Records (MySR) and enter your TFN before the census date. If you do not, and then don't pay your fees upfront, your enrolment may be cancelled.
A Tax File Number is available from the Australian Taxation Office.(opens in a new window)
Changing details on the CAF form
If you submit the form and then want to make a change, you'll need to wait till the next day. You can still continue with the rest of your enrolment on the same day.
SA HELP form
This form is for your Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).
You have a choice whether you want to defer the fee (pay it later) or skip the form and pay the fee upfront.
Note that if deferring the fee you must include your Tax File Number, even if you included if on the CAF form.
Field of Study and Subjects
In this step, indicate what you will be studying next semester / year.
You can enrol in either the full year or just the upcoming semester.
Decide what subjects you will register in
Start by deciding which subjects you will register in. You do this outside of MySR.
New students: Go to Step 4 of the Enrolment Guide in MyWestern (opens in a new window) for a simple, automated process to select your first year, first term subjects.
Existing students re-enrolling: Consult the Handbook (opens in a new window) to select your subjects.
If relevant, select a field of study (specialisation)
If Field of Study are available for your program, they will be listed in MySR. To enrol in a field of study:
- From the left hand burger menu, select Banner > Student > Program Management > Field of Study Enrolment
- The Program you have been enrolled in for next semester should be listed under Program. The major and/or minor options available to you - according to your program - will also be listed, click on the ‘Select Options’ button.
- This will take you to the screen to select your major, minor or concentration. Make your selection & click Confirm.
- If your Program has no Major / Minor, no selections will come up for you in this page.
- If you are still to decide on a Major at a later date, you can select ‘Undeclared’ with a code of ‘0000’ from the options
- Get advise from your Advisor if you are unsure of the major or minor that would suit your program or preference.
Select your subjects
This works like online shopping – you locate the subjects you want, add them to your shopping cart and confirm the order to 'purchase' them.
The core compulsory subjects for some courses will already be listed.
- When you see the tiles in the middle of MySR, select 'Register in subjects'
- Select the Register for Subjects on the registration page.
- From there, select the Term or Semester you would like.
NOTE: Refer to the Handbook for guidance on which subjects are available for registration in a certain Term or Semester.
- Ensure that your study path is selected.
- Enter the subject code or title in the search field of the subject you need & click search.
- Check the details of the subject you would like (i.e. Campus).
- Choose subject by clicking the ADD button
- From here you can register into more subjects by clicking on the SEARCH AGAIN button and repeating steps 7 to 10.
- When you have selected all of your subjects, click the SUBMIT button at the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
- You will receive a green bar notification at the top right-hand side of the page confirming your registration.
- Make sure you have consulted the Handbook for your Program requirements before proceeding
- An email will be sent to your student email account confirming your registration.
- Before you logout of MySR, please check your personal details are up to date: mobile phone number, residential address, postal address details.
- Further information regarding enrolling for the upcoming semester, can be accessed through the main website under Reenrolling.