With respect for Aboriginal cultural protocol and out of recognition that its campuses occupy their traditional lands, Western Sydney University acknowledges the Darug, Eora, Dharawal (also referred to as Tharawal) and Wiradjuri peoples and thanks them for their support of its work in their lands in Greater Western Sydney and beyond.
Whether it is through bridging programs, workshops on public speaking and time management, or Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) – these and many more support services are there to make your transition to University as smooth as possible.
Academic study resources and support
- The Library is there to support you throughout your entire degree. Check out the library's website for digital resources and collections, events and workshops, and information on how to book a study room and access other great facilities. Also check out Study Smart, Western's one-stop-shop for all your learning needs.
- MATES provides first year students with the opportunity to be connected with students who are in later years of study. This helps students to make social networks and acquire knowledge and skills to help settle into life at university.
- Bridging programs - a range of free preparation programs to help all new and continuing students. Run before the start of Autumn and Spring teaching sessions each year.
- Academic literacy and numeracy support is available for all students through workshops, programs and online resources.
- In PASS (Peer Assisted Study Sessions) you will work with other students to understand the content of your subjects and develop various study strategies to help you improve your academic performance.
- Our mature age student support guide to starting out at Western Sydney University is specifically designed to help students who are not current school leavers at the time of applying to university.
- Online study resources and learning material to support undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- With services and support now available online, Student Services Hub is your first point of contact for information, advice, forms and referrals to other services.
- Competitive, contemporary print management services for all your student printing needs, from poster presentations to thesis printing and binding.