- - Arts and Humanities Courses
- - Business Courses
- - Communication, Design and Media Courses
- - Engineering and Built Environment Courses
- - Health Science Courses
- - Information Technology and Computing Courses
- - Law Courses
- - Nursing and Midwifery Courses
- - Medicine Courses
- - Psychology Courses
- - Research Studies Courses
- - Science Courses
- - Social Science Courses
- - Teaching and Education Courses
- - TESOL, Interpreting and Translation Courses
- - Therapeutic Studies and Counselling Courses
- Graduate Research Courses
- Why Postgraduate Study?
- Why Western Sydney University?
- Fee Information
- How to apply
- Postgraduate Information Sessions
Graduate Diploma in Midwifery
|Delivery Mode||On campus|
|Intake Information||Quarter 1 (January)|
Local Course Fees (opens in a new window)
Key : F = Full time study, P = Part time study, A = Accelerated full time study
Part-time refers to study load, not to timetabling of evening classes.
The Graduate Diploma in Midwifery is not available for International Application.
The Graduate Diploma in Midwifery is for registered nurses who wish to pursue a career in midwifery. The course combines theory and practice with an emphasis on the art and science of midwifery, health promotion, communication skills, evidence-based practice and models of midwifery care within a primary health care approach.
To be eligible for this course students are required to obtain a 12 month position of employment as a midwifery student in an affiliated NSW Health Local Health District hospital. The course will be offered over of 15 months with the students completing the last unit in Quarter 1 of the second year.
Career Opportunities for the Graduate Diploma in Midwifery
Graduates may pursue careers in midwifery.
Western Sydney University has been ranked in the Top 50 Universities for Nursing, in this year's QS World University Rankings by Subject.