Chemical and Forensic Science at Western Sydney University is recognised for its commercial and community engagement. The teaching of Chemical Sciences is contemporary and focuses on training graduates to meet the needs of employers. The 2018 Excellence in Research for Australia ranked our research in Analytical and Physical Chemistries at world standard, and within the Chemical Sciences researchers have special interests in separations and natural product chemistry.
Forensic science at Western teaches a broad range of subjects with a focus on crime scene investigation. Research strengths include environmental forensics, forensic chemistry, fingermark detection, forensic anthropology and forensic imaging. There is specific expertise in the evaluation of field-portable equipment for onsite forensic applications, with dedicated infrastructure such as our Crime Scene Investigation Training and Research Facility and a purpose-built mobile forensic laboratory. This high-impact research is characterised by strong collaboration with industry.
- Professor Janice Aldrich-Wright
- Associate Professor Tadeusz Bak
- Industry Associate David Bruce
- Dr Patrice Castignolles, Senior Lecturer
- Associate Professor Jo-Anne Chuck
- Robert Ebeyan, Lecturer
- Dr Alicia Haines
- Dr David Harman
- Dr Christopher Jones, Senior Lecturer
- Associate Professor Kamali Kannangara
- Professor Christopher Lennard
- Dr Feng Li, Senior Lecturer
- Professor William Price