Emeritus Professor Paul Wormell
Dean's Unit, School of Science
Dean's Unit School of Science
Paul Wormell joined Western Sydney University in 1990, and his activities over the past thirty years have encompassed teaching, research, governance and academic leadership. His scholarly background is in Physical Chemistry, specialising in spectroscopy. He has taught a wide range of subjects in physical, forensic, analytical, inorganic and environmental chemistry, as well as laboratory quality management. His research interests are based on experimental spectroscopy and computational chemistry, and encompass a range of organic heterocycles, including biomolecules, with a variety of practical applications. From August 2009 to January 2018 Paul was Chair of the University’s Academic Senate and a member of the Board of Trustees. He was an active contributor to the NSW/Territories and national communities of chairs of academic boards and senates. In 2019 he was Interim Dean (Planning) for the University's School of Science. As an Emeritus Professor Paul continues to contribute to a number of University projects, as well as mentoring, research and other governance activities in the higher-education sector. He is an Honorary Professor at Macquarie University, and his professional interests include the Royal Australian Chemical Institute and the Australian Academy of Forensic Science.
This information has been contributed by Emeritus Professor Wormell.
- PhD University of Sydney
- BSc University of Sydney
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Dean's Unit, School of Science
- Dean's Unit School of Science
- Academic Senate
- Board of Trustees
(02) 4570 1445
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
Chapters in Books
- Orkey, N., Wormell, P. and Aldrich-Wright, J. (2011), 'Ruthenium Polypyridyl Metallointercalators', Metallointercalators: Synthesis and Techniques to Probe Their Interactions with Biomolecules, Springer 9783211094273.
- Salih, A., Wormell, P., Garbutcheon-Singh, K., Harper, B., Myers, S., Geny, D., Hammang, C. and Aldrich-Wright, J. (2011), 'Applications of Fluorescence Spectroscopy and Confocal Microscopy.', Metallointercalators: Synthesis and Techniques to Probe Their Interactions with Biomolecules, Springer 9783211094273.
- Corujo, M., Sklepari, M., Ang, D., Millichip, M., Reason, A., Goodchild, S., Wormell, P., Amarasinghe, D., Lindo, V., Chmel, N. and Rodger, A. (2018), 'Infrared absorbance spectroscopy of aqueous proteins : comparison of transmission and ATR data collection and analysis for secondary structure fitting', Chirality, vol 30, no 8 , pp 957 - 965.
- Macias, F., Deo, K., Pages, B., Wormell, P., Clegg, J., Zhang, Y., Li, F., Zheng, G., Sakoff, J., Gilbert, J. and Aldrich-Wright, J. (2015), 'Synthesis and analysis of the structure, diffusion and cytotoxicity of heterocyclic platinum(IV) complexes', Chemistry: A European Journal, vol 21, no 47 , pp 16990 - 17001.
- Botwright Acu?a, T., Kelder, J., Able, A., Guisard, Y., Bellotti, W., McDonald, G., Doyle, R., Wormell, P. and Meinke, H. (2014), 'Academic, industry and student perspectives on the inclusion of "vocational knowledge" in a 'learning and teaching academic standards statement' for agriculture', Journal of Learning Design, vol 7, no 2 , pp 1 - 15.
- Pages, B., Li, F., Wormell, P., Ang, D., Clegg, J., Kepert, C., Spare, L., Danchaiwijit, S. and Aldrich-Wright, J. (2014), 'Synthesis and analysis of the anticancer activity of platinum(II) complexes incorporating dipyridoquinoxaline variants', Dalton Transactions, vol 43, no 41 , pp 15566 - 15575.
- Hicks, M., Dafforn, T., Damianoglou, A., Wormell, P., Rodger, A. and Hoffmann, S. (2009), 'Synchrotron radiation linear dichroism spectroscopy of the antibiotic peptide gramicidin in lipid membranes', Analyst, vol 134, no 8 , pp 1623 - 1628.
- Zerdin, K., Horsham, M., Durham, R., Wormell, P. and Scully, A. (2009), 'Photodynamic inactivation of bacterial spores on the surface of a photoactive polymer', Reactive and Functional Polymers, vol 69, no 11 , pp 821 - 827.
- Gray, M., Sweeney, A., Dennis, G., Wormell, P. and Shalliker, R. (2004), 'Selectivity and the Separation of Isomers of Low Molecular Weight Polystyrenes', Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technologies, vol 27, no 18 , pp 2905 - 2920.
- Fischer, G., Cai, Z., Reimers, J. and Wormell, P. (2003), 'Singlet and triplet valence excited states of pyrimidine', Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol 107 , pp 3093 - 3106.
- Gray, M., Dennis, G., Wormell, P., Shalliker, R. and Slonecker, P. (2002), 'Two Dimensional Reversed Phase-Reversed Phase Separations. Isomeric Separations Incorporating C18 and Carbon Clad Zirconia Stationary Phases', Journal of Chromatography A, vol 975, no 2 , pp 285 - 297.
- Kayillo, S., Dennis, G., Wormell, P. and Shalliker, R. (2002), 'The Retention Behaviour of Polystyrene Oligomers in Reversed Phase Liquid Chromatography', Journal of Chromatography A, vol 967, no 2 , pp 173 - 181.
- Sweeney, A., Wormell, P. and Shalliker, R. (2002), 'End Group Selectivity of low molecular weight Polystyrenes on a Carbon Clad Zirconia Stationary Phase in Reversed Phase HPLC.', Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, vol 203, no 2 , pp 375 - 380.
|Title:||Facility for Analysis of Thermal Decomposition of Solid Materials at High Pressures [via University of Newcastle]|
|Western Researchers:||Robert Creelman and Paul Wormell|
|Years:||2004-01-01 - 2004-12-31|
|Title:||New Technology to Fight Crime and Terrorism: Laser Ablation Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer Facilities (LA-ICP-MS) [via University of Technology]|
|Western Researchers:||Andrew Shalliker and Paul Wormell|
|Years:||2004-01-01 - 2004-12-31|
|Title:||A Study on the Relationship Between Polymer Stereochemistry and Retention Behaviour in Reversed Phase Liquid Chromatography|
|Western Researchers:||Andrew Shalliker, Gary Dennis and Paul Wormell|
|Years:||2002-01-01 - 2002-12-31|