Completing, Transitioning and Graduating Students

1. How do I know if I've completed the units for my course?

To check your course progression, log in to MySR via the MyWestern student portal and select check your course progress under the Course Details heading. Select the correct course code (in blue) and then course progress details at the bottom of the page.

If you are still unsure or need further clarification, please make an appointment to speak with your FYEC for academic advice.

2. How do I work out my GPA?

Foundation students can refer to the GPAs by course policy available to view on The College website. If you require further clarification or are a College Diploma student, please make an appointment to discuss your course progress with your FYEC. 

Access the GPA by course policy.

3. How will I get into Western Sydney University?

The College Student Services staff organise 'in class' information sessions regarding the Transition to Western Sydney University, for students who are in their final term at The College. Following this session you will receive a degree nomination email from Admissions at Western Sydney University, to your student email account. Please read the instructions in this email carefully and reply with your course and campus preference by the stated response date.

4. Will I be eligible to go to other University and still receive the same advanced standing?

If you would like to study at a university other than Western Sydney University following the completion of your course at The College, you will need to apply through UAC. All universities have different advanced standing policies and therefore, it is advised to check the policy of each university before you apply.

5. I have completed my final unit at Western Sydney University. How can I get my Diploma from The College?

To be eligible for your Diploma, you need to apply for Advanced Standing for your final unit.

If the status of your Diploma course is 'Lapsed', you will not be able to submit an Advanced Standing application eform until the status has been changed to 'Inactive'. To do this, please email from your student email account and ask to have the status of your Diploma course changed to 'Inactive' so you can apply for Advanced Standing for your final Diploma unit. Once enrolments respond, you will have 48 hours to apply for Advanced Standing before your course status is switched back to 'Lapsed'. Please ensure that you are checking your student email daily so you don't miss your chance to apply.

Following this you will need to submit an advanced standing application form online via the MyWestern Student Portal - eForms System. Make sure you are using your Diploma course code and the Diploma unit code in your application. 

Once submitted, Advanced Standing can take several weeks to be processed. Please check your student email account regularly for a response.

When you receive notification that the advanced standing application has been granted, you can email Student Central ( and request to be added to our next graduation list.

6. When will I get my Diploma?

You will receive your certificate and academic transcript at Graduation. If you are unable to attend the graduation ceremony, an email will be sent to your student email account advising you when your academic transcript/certificate will be available for you to collect from Student Central at the Nirimba campus. You will need to bring a proof of identification with you when you collect your certificate.  

If you are unable to go to the Nirimba campus to collect your certificate, you can organise one of the following collection methods:

  • To have a representative collect your certificate from our Nirimba campus, please write and sign a consent letter and give this to your representative. Please make sure that you include your Student ID number on the letter.
  • For us to post it to you, send us a signed letter with your student details and enclose a registered envelope big enough for an A4 certificate.  You must write your address on the Registered Envelope.  A Registered envelope must be signed for on delivery and can be tracked, which reduces the chance of your Certificate being lost in transit. Once we receive this, we can post your Certificate to you.

Our postal address is:

Student Central, Western Sydney University The College

PO Box 224
Quakers Hill NSW 2763

7.When will I graduate and how do I know about this? Do I get an email notification or I need to apply for it?

Students who are eligible to graduate will receive an invitation to their student email account.