- Course Areas
- 2018 Commencement Dates
- Professional Experience Placement
- Special Requirements
- Education Knowledge Network
- International Study Tours
- Read with a Wanderer
- Education Alumni Network (EAN)
- Facebook SoE
- News and Events
- Careers in Education
- Dean's Merit Awards
- Our People
Research Centre, Programs and Projects
The School of Education has many research strengths, expressed through a variety of research programs. Some of these are centred in the School of Education, while a number are aligned with the Centre for Educational Research (CER). Research programs comprise teams of researchers, postgraduate students and other partners who are committed to a common research area, and who collaboratively plan to win research grants, undertake field research, and publish in their field.
Some of our key projects and programs of educational research, include:
- the programs of CER (Globalisation and Educational Practice, Sustainability Education, Equity in Educational Outcomes)
- research in low SES communities
- research on the educational experiences of refugees
- other internationally focused research such as on: early childhood education in low SES communities in Chile (the Futuro Infantil Hoy project); transnational knowledge exchange (such as in the Research Oriented School Engaged Teacher-researcher Education – ROSETE- program of research)
- youth transitions and high school completion
Researchers & HDR Supervisors
Find out more about our researchers and HDR supervisors key research areas.
The School of Education offers quality research education through a variety of higher research degrees. Our research programs and staff research interests have a strong focus on equity and represent a breadth of theoretical and applied research frameworks and methodologies. If you are interested in higher degree research in education and wish to contact a potential supervisor, you can search our staff research interests.
Young Universities in the World Times higher education
Universities in the world Times higher education
Research Grants Awarded Australian Research Council
Western Sydney University has been ranked in the Top 150 Universities for Education, in this year's QS World University Rankings by Subject.