- Education Knowledge Network (EKN)
- Program Links and Important Dates
- Professional Experience Placements
- Special Requirements
- Education Alumni Network (EAN)
- Facebook SoE
- Engagement and Events
- Careers in Education
- Our People
- Future Teachers’ Network (FTN)
- 未来的学生 Future Students
- Literacy for Teacher Educators (Indonesia)
Professional Experience Placements
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to most of your questions relating to Professional Experience placements, please view our comprehensive list of FAQs below. If your question is not answered here, please contact EduPEx@westernsydney.edu.au
- Frequently Asked Question for Early Childhood Placements
- Frequently Asked Questions for School Based Placements (M.Teach)
2023 Placement Dates
Click here to view the 2023 Placements Calendar
Important information for current and commencing Pre-Service Teachers
Before you can register into any subject with a placement, you must complete and submit evidence of having completed all special requirements. If you are having problems registering, please go to the Special Requirements page to view details.
Please note that the following special requirements have expiry dates. The expiry date must be a date after the completion of the semester you are registering into in order to be accepted.
The following special requirement must be completed annually. Please ensure you have completed the Child Protection Awareness Training Update for the year you will be attending placement. This is a separate step to completing the initial Child Protection Awareness Online Training.
InPlace Online Student Placement System
Pre-service Teachers can access professional experience placement information and records through an online system called InPlace.
Compulsory Name Badges
Pre-service Teachers must order their name badge directly with the supplier. It is important to order at least four weeks prior to starting placement.
For details on how to order please view the name badge ordering information sheet here .
Rural Professional Experience Opportunities
This is an exciting opportunity for eligible M.Teach Primary and Secondary students to complete their Professional Experience placement in a Rural and Remote area of NSW. This collaboration between the Western Sydney University and and the NSW Department of Education opens doors for pre-service teachers to experience the numerous benefits of a rural placement.
By participating in this program, you can enjoy the following advantages:
- Enhanced employment prospects.
- Being an integral part of a close-knit and supportive community.
- Making a positive impact on the lives of your students and the rural community in which you will be placed.
- Partnering with a fellow pre-service teacher, embarking on this exciting challenge together.
- Exposure to a diverse range of teaching tasks, providing an excellent opportunity to acquire new skills.
- Discovering more about rural NSW and exploring the Tamworth area during your free time.
For more information, please visit the NSW Department of Education's rural placement resource page, or contact WSU Education Professional Experience team EduPEx@westernsydney.edu.au
Credit for Prior learning for Professional Experience Subjects
For information regarding eligibility and how to apply for credit for prior learning for Professional Experience subjects, please click here.
Application to Undertake Final Placement in the School where you are Employed
For information regarding eligibility and how to apply for a Waiver of Appendix B of the NESA Professional Experience Policy, please click here.