Step 1 : Review the admission criteria
Western Sydney University must be satisfied that you are able to commence study at a suitable level for entry into the Master of Information and Communications Technology (Research).
To be eligible for admission, you must have successfully completed:
- A Bachelor degree, Bachelor Honours degree or a Masters degree in any discipline.
To be eligible for up to 40 credit points of advanced standing, you must have successfully completed:
- An undergraduate degree in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Computing or Information Systems; or
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline and a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
Advanced standing from foundation units are subject to approval by the relevant Director of Academic Programs (DAP).
Applicants seeking admission on the basis of work experience must support their application with a Statement of Service for all work experience listed in the application.
Step 2 : Contact the Higher Degree Research Director
All Master of Information and Communications Technology (Research) applicants must contact the Higher Degree Research Director in the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics to discuss your intention to apply and potential academic supervision for the second stage of the degree.
You should send an email introducing yourself, describing your qualifications and experience, and provide a statement of intent that clearly identifies your area of research interest.
It is recommended that you confirm an academic supervisor prior to submitting your application, however, this is not a requirement to apply. Your supervision will be finalised during the first stage of the program.
Step 3 : Prepare a statement of intent
A statement of intent outlines a general research area for your project. It does not need to be very detailed and should be approximately 250-words in length.
Visit the how to write a statement of intent page for more information.
Step 4: Prepare your documentation
You will be required to upload the following information as part of your online application:
- Certified copies of all tertiary graduation certificates and academic transcripts for degrees completed outside of Western Sydney University.
- Certified proof of citizenship status (passport, birth certificate, citizenship papers, etc.) or certified proof of residency status (Australian permanent residents only).
- Evidence of English language proficiency for applicants who completed their previous qualifications overseas.
- A statement of intent identifying potential supervisors, a proposed project title and project description.
Evidence of employment directly related to research training (if applicable).
All copies of official documents must be certified according to Western Sydney University requirements.
Master of Information and Communications Technology (Research) applicants are not required to submit a research proposal.
Step 5 : Submit your application
All applications must be submitted using the Western Application
Portal. Applications can be made at any time and there is no cost to apply. It
may take 6-8 weeks to receive an outcome for your application.
International applicants from this list of countries are required to apply via an authorised agent.