You can search for courses, events, people, and anything else.
Our HSC True Reward early offer program will give school leavers much needed peace of mind, providing students with an early offer into most university degrees based on their Year 11* or Year 12 results.
HSC True Reward was first launched in 2017, providing students with an early offer into Western based on HSC results, instead of a scaled ATAR, following analysis showing subject performance is a reliable indicator of student success.
The HSC True Reward program is open to both domestic and international NSW HSC students. For information about applying as an international NSW HSC student, please visit our International HSC Students page.
If you are a year 12 HSC student and have selected eligible course preferences, you will automatically be considered for a HSC True Reward early offer.
Applications are now open to study in 2024.
*Those that apply using their Year 11 results will need to successfully complete the HSC.
Discover Western: Exploring Western, Early Offer Programs, Pathways & More
Tuesday, 16 May 2023 at 5pm | Online via Zoom
Hear from Western staff and current students about our HSC True Reward Early Offer program, alternate pathways, Adjustment Factors, Schools Recommendation Scheme and other entry programs.
Discover Western: Applying for University & Receiving an Early Offer
Tuesday, 22 August 2023 at 5pm | Online via Zoom
Hear from Western staff and current students about our HSC True Reward Early Offer program, how to accept your early offer and change preferences, other alternate entry programs and more.
Key Dates for Study in 2024
Year 11 and 12 Subject Requirements
Search the Year 11 and 12 subject requirements for the 2023 HSC True Reward program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers and information about how to receive an early offer to study at Western.
"I was aware of the program before I finished the HSC so it allowed me to focus on the subjects relevant to my area of interest."
— Alex Graffeo. Bachelor of Business (Property).
"HSC True Reward gave me an advantage by boosting my application as it included all my subject results as opposed to my ATAR rank."
— Angela Priftis. Bachelor of Nursing (Advanced)
Degrees Excluded from True Reward
The following degrees are excluded from the 2024 True Reward program due to additional selection criteria and capped placements.
- Bachelor of Architectural Design
- Bachelor of Arts (Pathway to Teaching Early Childhood/Primary)/Master of Teaching (Birth-5 Years/Birth-12 Years) Diploma pathway
- Bachelor of Construction Management Advanced (Honours)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Bachelor of Laws (Graduate Entry)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Nursing (Enrolled Nurse pathway)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Paramedicine
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) Graduate pathway
- Doctor of Medicine
- Associate Degree in Engineering
- Undergraduate Preparation Program Nursing/Health Science
- Undergraduate Preparation Program Nursing/Health Science (2 Terms)
Explore our Campuses
Western is a student focussed university. We pride ourselves on supporting students to fulfil their dreams and understand the needs of students to be prepared for tomorrow’s workplace.
Western has campuses across Western Sydney, and one in the Sydney CBD. We’re a university of the people. And where the people are, so are we.
All our campuses are close to public transport and parking. They’re equipped with stand-out education and technology facilities. And you’re never far from green spaces, quiet study areas and of some of Sydney’s best food and coffee.
* Times Higher Education ranked Western Sydney University #1 worldwide in 2022 based on its commitment to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. For more see: THE Impact Rankings 2022.
For more information about alternative entry pathways, please email our Course Information Team at email@example.com or call 1300 897 669.