- How to Apply
- Undergraduate Courses
- Postgraduate Courses
- Graduate Research Courses
- College Courses
- Pathways to Western Sydney University
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Why Western Sydney University?
- Life at Uni
- Information for Parents
- Information for Careers Advisers
- Events at Western Sydney University
- Contact Western Sydney University
Non Current School Leaver Undergraduate
If you are not studying the HSC in the year of application, you will be applying as a Non Current School Leaver (NCSL). If you are an International applicant, please refer to the International section of the Western Sydney University site.
As a NCSL, the steps below will assist you in making your application as well as provide you with with alternate pathway options to study at the University.
1. Select a course/s of interest from the undergraduate courses available. Request a course information pack from the Course Information Centre by emailing email@example.com or call 1300 897 669.
2. Make your application online to the Universities Admissions Centre (opens in a new window)(UAC). Check for additional selection criteria for the course/s you have selected. The UAC Guide and the UAC website (opens in a new window) list the UAC codes for each course. You are able to have up to nine preferences on your application.
3. As a NCSL you are assessed on at least one of the following criteria:
- NSW HSC or equivalent;
- TAFE or Tertiary studies. This may include Private College study at a Certificate Level 3 or above, or prior university studies;
- Work Experience. Provided this has been obtained over a period of 12 months or more, full time and paid. It does not need to be related to the intended field of study;
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) (opens in a new window). This optional, multiple-choice exam is administered through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) and assesses general skills in Mathematics and English.
Each criteria is given a rank out of 100 and the highest rank that you attain will be your competitiveness to gain entry to a course. For more information, an explanation of each of the above, or details on how to show that you have completed the criteria listed, please call the University Course Information Centre on 1300 897 669.
4. English Proficiency Requirements (opens in a new window)- If you have undertaken your studies in an overseas country, you may have to provide proof of proficiency in English.
5. Scholarships - Main round Scholarship applications are open from early September each year, to early January the next year. Mid year applications are also accepted for a smaller range of scholarships. Keep an eye on the Scholarships site for more information.
6. Educational Access Scheme (opens in a new window) - available for application if you have experienced long-term educational disadvantage through circumstances beyond your control during your HSC years. Elite Athletes need to apply direct to our Admissions team using the application booklet. Request a copy from the Course Information Centre by phoning 1300 897 669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Be aware of the Alternate Pathways to University just in case you don't have the required rank to gain entry to the course of your choice.
If you have any further questions about courses or applying, please call the Course Information Centre on 1300 897 669 or email email@example.com.