Western Sydney University’s Construction Management discipline is supported with Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Building Design Management and Fire Safety. Field of Research (FoR) 1202, Buildings, is recognized as above world standard (Excellence in Research for Australia).
Centre for Smart Modern Construction serves the discipline, with its strong focus on industry collaborated research and engagement providing a vital platform for researchers to engage with the construction industry. The Centre leads research in digitalisation, industrialisation, sustainability and resilience in the construction sector.
Construction Management at Western is leading research on sustainable construction, building information modelling, and affordable housing and innovation on building materials nationally and internationally. Construction Management has the largest cohort of undergraduate students in Australia with over 1,600 students and growing number of Higher Degree Research students. This is also embedded within accredited and award winning undergraduate and graduate students.
- Dr Ali Al-Ashwal
- Dr Whitney Bevan, Lecturer
- Mark Crowley, Lecturer
- Grahame Douglas, Associate Lecturer
- Associate Professor Yingbin Feng
- Dr Yaping He, Senior Lecturer
- Philip Love, Lecturer
- Donald Mason, Associate Lecturer
- Dr Zhu Pan
- Professor Ravi Perera
- Dr Sepani Senaratne, Senior Lecturer
- John Smolders, Senior Lecturer
- Dr Matthew Stevens, Lecturer
- Professor Wing Tam
- Dr Liyaning Tang, Lecturer
- Alan Todhunter, Associate Lecturer
- Dr Indika Wijesiri Pathirana, Lecturer
- Dr Peng Zhang, Associate Lecturer
- Dr John Zhang, Senior Lecturer