- Student Device initiative
- How to Apply
- - Arts Courses
- - Business Courses
- - Communication Arts Courses
- - Engineering, Information and Communications Technology Courses
- - Health and Sport Sciences Courses
- - Law Courses
- - Medicine Courses
- - Nursing and Midwifery Courses
- - Policing and Criminology Courses
- - Psychology Courses
- - Sciences Courses
- - Social Sciences Courses
- - Teaching and Education Courses
- - Tourism and Urban Planning Courses
- - Bachelor of Applied Leadership and Critical Thinking Courses
- - Bachelor of Data Science Courses
- Postgraduate Courses
- Graduate Research Courses
- College Courses
- Pathways to Western Sydney University
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Why Western Sydney University?
- Life at Uni
- Information for Parents
- Information for Careers Advisers
- Events at Western Sydney University
- Contact Western Sydney University
Teaching and Education Courses
With over 1,000 new graduates each year, Western Sydney University is one of Australia's largest providers of professional teachers.
Our courses are designed so you graduate work-ready – with a strong balance of theory and practical skills, to help you adapt to new challenges and complexities as they arise. The practical experience you will gain in our teaching programs will also give you the confidence to succeed from your first day at school.
As a graduate, you can work as a teacher in an early childhood centre, a government or non-government school, or college relevant to the postgraduate qualification and the majors chosen in the undergraduate degree.
This includes roles as a primary school teacher (K-6), secondary school teacher, an education field officer in a variety of industries, including sport, welfare, community education, and also in training and development facilities in industry.
|Bachelor of Arts (Pathway to Teaching Birth - 5/Birth - 12)||Penrith; Bankstown; Parramatta||3F / 6P||70.00; 70.00; 70.00|
|Bachelor of Arts / Master of Teaching (Primary)||Penrith; Bankstown; Parramatta||3F / 6P||70.00, 70.00, 70.00|
|Bachelor of Arts / Master of Teaching (Secondary)||Penrith; Bankstown; Parramatta||3F / 6P||70.00, 73.10, 70.00|
|Bachelor of Education (Primary) - ATSIE||Bankstown||4 Years Flexible Mode||Not applicable|
|Bachelor of Science -Pathway to Teaching (Primary/Secondary)||Campbelltown; Parramatta; Hawkesbury||4-4.5F||New course; new course; new course|
Key : F = Full time study, P = Part time study, A = Accelerated full time study
Part-time refers to study load, not to timetabling of evening classes.