- How to Apply
- Undergraduate Courses
- Postgraduate Courses
- Graduate Research Courses
- College Courses
- Pathways to Western Sydney University
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Why Western Sydney University?
- Life at Uni
- Information for Parents
- Information for Careers Advisers
- Events at Western Sydney University
- Contact Western Sydney University
Why Western Sydney University?
Located in the heart of one of Australia's fastest growing economic regions, Western Sydney University offers unlimited potential to students with the talent, drive and ambition to succeed.
Western Sydney is an exciting place to be. As the nation's third largest economy and one of the fastest growing population and employment centres, it is an increasingly important, dynamic and
culturally diverse hub of business, industry and innovation.
With a large multicultural population of more than two million people from 170 nations, Western Sydney's global links are creating unlimited opportunities for international business,
investment, education and cultural exchange.
Ranked amongst the top two per cent of universities in the world, Western Sydney University values academic excellence, integrity and the pursuit of knowledge. We are globally focused,
research-led and committed to making a positive impact on the communities we engage with.
Your success starts here.
To ensure you have the most enriching experience at university, we have designed and implemented a range of opportunities such as Advantage Entry Programs and The Academy, while our scholarships and leadership programs can help you shape a successful future.
Why study with Western Sydney University?
- Leadership in one of Australia's fastest growing regions – Western Sydney is Australia's third largest and fastest growing economy. With a large multicultural population and expanding international reach, we are uniquely placed to help students tap into a global mindset. Through our strong ties to local business, industry and community leaders, our students have access to exciting study, work and community engagement opportunities within Western Sydney and across the globe.
- Reputation for excellence – We're ranked amongst the top two per cent of universities in the world, with a growing international reputation for research-led, student-centred learning.
- Our students sit at the heart of everything we do – Our student-centred approach is responsive to your needs. We offer you the choice of on-campus, online and flexible study options combined with work-integrated learning in clinical, community and professional environments. Through work experience placements, internships and volunteering opportunities, you'll get the real-life experience, practical skills and knowledge you'll need for your future career.
- Our students are partners in learning – Unlike the traditional lecturer-down approach, our pioneering model of co-created learning treats our students as partners in their education. We empower students to share ideas, constructively challenge their lecturers and one-another through peer-to-peer mentoring, and develop their creativity and cognitive skills through degrees such as Applied Leadership and Critical Thinking.
- Our curriculum reflects the needs of the world we live in – We acknowledge that in today's fast-paced and changing world universities don't have the monopoly on knowledge or education. Through our approach we also work with our community, business partners and industry leaders to develop course content that meets the needs of employers, the jobs of the future and responds to the challenges of a global workplace.
- We embrace technology-infused learning ¬– From our online learning environments, use of digital technologies to enhance the study experience, to our on campus computer laboratories, innovative social learning spaces, and state-of-the-art research and clinical facilities, we adopt new and emerging technologies to provide a richer educational experience.
- Our research has global impact – We see learning and research as connected aspects of the student experience. Our research ethos is underpinned by a commitment to make positive change in the world, putting you close to world-leading research that is changing lives in the communities we serve.
- We are globally focused and connected – With our growing international reach and reputation, we offer the opportunity to travel, learn and work in more than 300 destinations around the world through our Global Mobility, internship and work-placement programs.
- Unlimited opportunities for success – From Advanced degrees and The Academy, to The College and alternative entry programs, scholarships, internships and student exchange opportunities, we provide multiple pathways for entry and academic success.