You can search for courses, events, people, and anything else.
Civil Engineering at Western Sydney University has a global ranking of top 100 (2019 Academic Ranking of World Universities). We have a strong team with over 20 full-time academics including many top researchers in the areas of Construction Materials and Structures, Geotechnical Engineering and Environmental Engineering. We are equipped with state-of-the-art lab facilities in all these areas.
In the area of Construction Materials and Structures, our strengths include:
- Green and eco-friendly construction and building materials;
- High performance construction materials for sustainability;
- Structural analysis, modelling, design, measuring and test of structures;
- Structure retrofitting, damage detection and structural health monitoring.
In the area of Geotechnical Engineering, we have strengths in both computational and experimental research in the following areas:
- Chemical stabilization;
- Ground improvement techniques;
- Non-destructive ground characterization.
In the area of Environmental Engineering, our strengths include:
- Water quality;
- Water recycling;
- Flooding, storm water, surface water;
- Wastewater treatment and management;
- Climate change impact assessment on water and environment.
- Professor Hamid Ronagh
- Professor Bijan Samali
- Professor Sathaa Sathasivan
- Associate Professor Surendra Shrestha
- Dr Ee Loon Tan
- Professor Zhong Tao
- Professor Yang Xiang
- Dr Qinghua Zeng
- Dr Chunwei Zhang
- Associate Professor Yixia (Sarah) Zhang
- Associate Professor Haiping Zhu
- Dr Kamyar Kildashti Komsari
- Dr Maria Rashidi
- Dr Nariman Saeed
- Dr Pejman Sharafi
- Dr Bal Krishna KC
- Dr Md Abdul Alim
Ranked in the top 10 in Australia and top 75 worldwide for Civil Engineering in the 2021 Academic Ranking of World Universities.