Robert Marshall is the Laboratory Manager for the CIE's Structural Testing Laboratory, and is responsible for the project management and successful completion of a large range of complex structural engineering research and testing projects.
Robert has an Honours Degree in Civil Engineering, with a background and extensive experience in the construction industry. His areas of expertise include Project Management, Quality Assurance and Occupational Health and Safety Management.
Main duties include:
- Management of the day-to-day operation and organisation of the Structural Testing Laboratory for research work and other projects
- Supervision of laboratory technical staff and students working on research projects.
- Management of major project work on structural engineering research projects, including:
- Consultation with academic staff
- Fabrication of specimens
- Design and Set-up of testing rigs
- Data recording
- Operation and supervision of all testing processes and equipment
- Preparation and submission of reports
- Management and administration of the Structural Testing Laboratory.
- Management and improvement of the test equipment and associated infrastructure of the Laboratory.
- Assistance to the academic staff in developing test specimens and test programmes.
- Assistance to research students with experimental work.
- Management of Occupational Health and Safety in the Laboratory.