Positioned within Western Sydney University, the Institute consolidates and builds on a wide range of existing teaching and research expertise in Chinese literature, translation, interpretation, music composition and history within the Institute for Culture and Society, School of Education and School
of Humanities and Communication Arts.
The Australia-China Institute for Arts and Culture is led by Director Professor Jocelyn Chey AM. Professor Chey is supported by a Research Fellow, Postdoctoral Fellows and Professional Staff. The wide connections made by the Director in both Australia and China will help attract world class research teams and expertise to the Institute.
The Institute is overseen by a board comprised of the following members:
- Professor Barney Glover, Vice-Chancellor and President
- Mr Xiangmo Huang (or his nominee)
- Professor Scott Holmes, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Research and Development)
- Professor Denise Kirkpatrick, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Academic)
- Professor Yi-Chen Lan, Assistant Vice-Chancellor, Global Engagement and Advancement
- Professor Peter Hutchings, Dean, School of Humanities and Communication Arts
- Professor Ien Ang, Distinguished Professor of Cultural Studies
- Professor Paul James, Director, Institute for Culture and Society
- Ms Holly Huang, General Manager Yuhu Group (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Mr Peter Pickering, Vice-President (Finance and Resources)
- Professor Jocelyn Chey, Director, Australia China Institute for Arts and Culture