Western Sydney University’s Parent Information Evenings are a great opportunity for parents, guardians and high school students to discover more about University. Western welcomes all parents and guardians of high school students currently in Years 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Topics to be covered include Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR), advice about subject selection and planning for the HSC and why you should consider a University degree. Hear from the University Admissions Centre (UAC) and Western Sydney University followed by a chat with our friendly staff and students to learn about university and campus life, available courses, application and admission, alternative entry pathways, scholarships and more.
Learn more about the opportunities Western Sydney University can offer in this exciting journey ahead.
Who is invited?
Parents and guardians of high school students currently in Years 9, 10, 11 and 12 are invited to attend. Students are also welcome.
At the Parent Information Evening, you will have the opportunity to learn about:
- The HSC Basics: Subject selection, the ATAR, how and when to apply for University.
- The Western Sydney University Experience: Western Sydney University student life through courses, social opportunities and The Academy.
- Getting into University: The Western Advantage, early entry programs, The College and pathways into University.
- Fees, HECS-HELP and Scholarships: Course Fees, HECS-HELP Loans and Scholarships to help with your child’s study costs.
- What Western Sydney University has to offer: Speak with current students and staff to find out about Western Sydney University courses, campuses, admission criteria and scholarships.