The Parent Information Evening at Western Sydney University provides parents, guardians and students a chance to find out everything they need to know about university. From discovering the way the ATAR works to speaking with Western Sydney University staff and students one-on-one to learn about the opportunities available for your child, the Parent Information Evening is a great introduction to the exciting journey ahead.
At the Parent Information Evening, you will have the opportunity to learn about:
- The HSC basics: Subject selection, the ATAR, UAC, cut-offs and how to apply.
- The Western Sydney University experience: Western Sydney University student life through courses, social opportunities and The Academy.
- Getting into uni: The Western Advantage, The College and pathways into university.
- Fees, HECS-HELP and scholarships: Course bands, HECS-HELP loans and grants to help with your child's study costs.
- What Western Sydney University has to offer: Speak with current students and staff at the course information stands to have your questions answered and find out about Western Sydney University courses, campuses, admissions and scholarships at the University.
Who is invited?
Parents and guardians of high school students are invited to attend. Students are also welcome.
When and where?
The 2017 Parent Information Evening was held on 20 June at our Parramatta South Campus and was a great evening of information and conversation.
Please stay tuned for the 2018 Parent Information Evening date.