Welcome to HSC True Reward, a unique early offer program exclusive to Western Sydney University.
This is the only program of its kind in NSW, open to 2017 NSW HSC students, that makes an early offer for entry to a degree based on corresponding HSC subject band outcomes.
At Western, we believe hard work deserves its own reward – a reward that reflects your ability to succeed. If you do well in your subjects at school, we know you can go on to do well at university.
If you’re interested in an early offer with a difference, we invite you to apply to Western Sydney University now. Applications are now open.
Offers will be made on December 14 - the same day HSC results are released, and a full day before ATARs are released. It’s also earlier than any UAC offer rounds based on HSC outcomes.
To apply for Western Sydney University HSC True Reward early offer program, click the button below. You will need your HSC student number and 4 digit PIN to get started.
Applications close December 11, 2017.
Start your unlimited journey today.
Clicking the APPLY DIRECTLY TO WESTERN button will take you to Western’s application portal and a simple 7 step application process. For assistance please call 1300 897 669, or live chat with us. You can also find a step-by-step guide in the FAQs below.
Frequently asked questions
HSC True Reward is Western’s early offer program. It’s a new and unique program from Western.
It’s based on your HSC, not your ATAR. Western is the only university in NSW to offer a program with the chance to apply for an early offer based on your HSC, not your ATAR. It’s one of many programs offered by Western Sydney University.
Applications are open to 2017 NSW HSC students.
Yes, international students can apply.
HSC True Reward is open to 2017 NSW HSC students who are interested in applying for Western Sydney University undergraduate courses or pathway courses through The College.
Applications are now open. Apply now. Applications close midnight, 11 December, 2017. HSC True Reward early offers will be made on December 14, from 10am onwards. This is the same day that HSC subject band outcomes are released.
You’ll receive a HSC True Reward early offer from Western from 10am onwards on Thursday 14th December (yes, that’s HSC results day.) It will arrive at the email address you originally used to apply for the program. The email will provide you with details about how to enrol at Western to secure your offer (an easy 4 step process). As backup, you’ll also receive an SMS (to the mobile phone number you originally used to apply for the program) informing you of the offer on Thursday 14th December.
HSC True Reward early offers will have an effective (and enforced) expiry date of 22 December 2017, 5pm. To ensure your offer does not expire, you need to complete stage 3 of your enrolment by this date.
You can change your preferences on your HSC True Reward application until midnight, 11 December, 2017.
Yes, you can still apply for HSC True Reward if you have or are going to apply for the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS), HSC Geography Enrichment Day, Academy Global Leaders program, Communication Career and Portfolio Day, Communication - Young Creative's Day, Design Career and Portfolio Day. You can also still apply if you apply or will apply for the Elite Athlete and Performer Scheme and Educational Access Scheme.
Your application for HSC True Reward is a direct application to Western Sydney University. You can still apply through UAC for courses that are not available through HSC True Reward, including courses at other Universities.
Click the APPLY DIRECTLY TO WESTERN button and complete the following steps.
- Start a new application by clicking the START button.
- Tick your answer on the Citizenship question, tick YES to ‘Are you completing/did you complete a NSW Year 12 in 2017?’ and enter your HSC student number and 4 digit PIN.
- Confirm your details are correct (it will be pre-populated with your UAC details) and answer the questions on contact details, government statistics, support services, alternative entry and UAC application. Tick YES on ‘Do you wish to apply for the HSC True Reward early offer program’ and click NEXT.
- A pop up box will appear and provide you with an Application Number and PIN. Click CONTINUE. Note you will receive an automated email from Western confirming your application number so you can log back in and resume your application in the future.
- You will be asked to upload any relevant documents in ‘Qualifications. NSW HSC students do not need to submit any documents so leave blank and click NEXT.
- Search and explore courses you would like to apply for. You can also view the courses that will be offered as part of HSC True Reward early offers in our 2018 Early Offer HSC Subject Matrix [PDF, 356 KB]. Select a minimum of 1 course in ‘Course preferences’ and click NEXT.
- Review all application details and click SUBMIT. You will receive an automated email from Western confirming your application.
- You will be asked to upload documents again. NSW HSC students do not need to submit any documents so please ignore.
Friday 22 December 2017, 5pm.
You will receive a confirmation email from Western. Offers will be released on 14 December. You will receive an email from 10am onwards to let you know if you have received a HSC True Reward early offer. You will also receive an SMS to alert you that your offer has been sent to your registered email. You have until Friday 22 December, 5pm to accept your offer and enrol at Western before the early offer expires.
HSC student numbers and 4 digit PINs come from the Board of Studies and are provided by your school. Contact your school if you are unsure or do not have a HSC student number. You will need your HSC student number to apply for HSC True Reward early offer program.
The minimum number of preferences is 1. The preferences that will be considered for HSC True Rewards are preference 1 and preference 2 only.
Yes, you can have different UAC and HSC True Reward preferences.
If you get more than 1 offer, you can choose which one to accept.