You can search for courses, events, people, and anything else.
Literature and Creative Writing are vibrant areas of teaching and research at Western Sydney University, involving both the School of Humanities and Communication Arts and the Writing and Society Research Centre (which houses the leading journal The Sydney Review of Books and multi-award-winning literary press Giramondo Publishing).
This discipline is driven by a strong academic team who have national and international reputations in literary scholarship and creative writing, with multiple funded research projects currently active. The area includes undergraduate majors in English and in Creative Writing. We also have a Master of Arts in Literature and Creative Writing which works alongside the Master of Research, and a highly successful Doctor of Creative Arts and PhD supervision track record with distinguished alumni who have won major awards as writers of fiction, poetry and non-fiction. Our teaching research and engagement has been recognised in the Impact and Engagement assessment as achieving high impact and approaches to impact, and both English and Creative Writing have been ranked at or above world standard in each of the three Excellence in Research for Australia surveys.
- Associate Professor Christopher Andrews
- Dr Helen Basides, Associate Lecturer
- Dr Christopher Conti, Lecturer
- Dr Ben Etherington, Senior Research Lectureship
- Professor Ivor Indyk, Whitlam Chair
- Dr Helen Koukoutsis, Associate Lecturer
- Dr Catriona Menzies-Pike, Editor, Sydney Review of Books
- Associate Professor Christopher Peterson
- Dr Lorraine Sim, Senior Lecturer
- Professor Anthony Uhlmann
- Dr Anne Jamison, Senior Lecturer
- Dr Dianne Dickenson, Lecturer
- Dr James Gourley, Senior Lecturer
- Associate Professor Matthew McGuire
- Dr Kate Fagan, Senior Lecturer
Western Sydney University has been ranked in the Top 15 Universities in Australia and top 250 worldwide for English Language and Literature, in this year's QS World University Rankings by Subject.