- Bullying Prevention
- Cultural Diversity
- - News & Events
- - Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) program
- - Flexible Working Arrangements
- - Gender Pay Equity
- - Leadership, Talent Identification & Networking
- - Parenting Support
- - Sexual Harassment
- - Vice-Chancellor’s Gender Equality Committee
- - Women Who Inspire
- - Vice Chancellor's Gender Equality Fund
- - Family and Domestic Violence
- Open Fora
- Sexuality and Gender Diversity
Leadership, Talent Identification & Networking
The Organisational and Career Development Program reflects the University's ongoing commitment to developing a high quality workforce by providing relevant and value-adding career development opportunities to develop staff capabilities in key impact areas of the University's strategic plan.
Training is provided in areas such as
- Unconscious Bias - Behavioural Interviewing: Recruiting the right person
- Networks, including Early-Mid Career Academics Network
Leadership Programs & Talent Identification
Examples of Western Sydney University initiatives and programs that are provided for Academic Women include:
- Academic Careers and Development Program
- Inspire Academic Leadership Program
- Academic Mentoring Program
- ECR Female Executive Speed Mentoring Program
- MyVoice Speed Mentoring
For further details about the above and additional programs and initiatives see Gender Equality Leadership Programs for Women (PDF, 79.01 KB) (opens in a new window).
The University reviewed its academic promotions policy in November 2015. It also has a Gender Equality Policy with specific targets for gender balance on committees (opens in a new window).
Western Sydney University Senior Women's Group
The Women's Group provides a forum for staff to meet, network, share information and discuss gender equity issues.
The Office of Human Resources facilitates the Group Seminars, which are held 3-4 times a year and are free to attend.
Attendance at the seminars is considered to be a staff development training experience and time taken to attend is recorded as work time.
The most recent seminar:
May 2017 Career Paths and Building Career Trajectories
This panel discussion focused on the differing career journeys of women in higher education, and further training and professional development opportunities available.