Equity & Diversity
The University highly values equity and inclusiveness. We have a proud history of doing so and continue to be well recognised for high achievement in this area, including these recent highlights:
- 3rd in the World for Gender Equality, Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022
- 4th in the World for Reducing Inequality, Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022
- 31st in the World for Young Universities (less than 50 years old), Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022
- Science in Australia Gender Equity’s Athena Swan Bronze Institutional Award
- Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice (17 years)
- Australian Workplace Equality Index Bronze Employer Award
- Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace Accreditation
- Our Watch Respect and Equality in Universities Partnership Pilot
- 15th anniversary of the University’s Ally Network
- 8th consecutive year represented at the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade
Western Sydney University considers this an important part of our social and civic responsibilities as a university and strives to contribute to tackling inequalities and promoting wellbeing within our own institution, the Greater Western Sydney region, nationally and internationally.
Equity and Diversity’s role is to help the University build a culture of respect and inclusion and prevent and respond to discrimination, harassment and bullying. We do this by advising the University community, leaders, students and staff on equity and diversity issues, practices, policy and strategy.
Our team also provides programs, training and resources which promote equal opportunity and inclusion of students and staff from groups traditionally less represented in higher education settings, including for example:
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds,
- sexuality and gender diverse backgrounds,
- people with disability, and
- those with carer and/or family responsibilities.
For more information on issues of equity and diversity at the University, select the relevant tab above or contact the Equity and Diversity team.
Equity and Diversity is located in Building K7.G.13 on the Hawkesbury Campus.
Phone: 02 9678 7374
For individual staff, please see our contact us page.